The Captain's armband (1 Viewer)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I really don't understand why ppl talk too much about this arm band.it's Del Piero's for sure.he will be Juve captain until he retires.and there's no one better than him to wear this armband.it's really funny that some of you guys even prefer Emo to Alex as a captain.it's rubbish.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

IMHO you don't need to be a natural born leader to be captain. A team certainly does need leaders, but they don't have to captain the team. Del Piero's the prime example of this. While he may not be a real leader, he represent Juventus on and off the pitch. Rather than being a leader, your captain should make clear what your team stands for.

This is exactly why Del Piero should leave. He isn't representative to this Juventus. This is about Ibrahimovic, Emerson and Mutu. Less class, more brutality. Give it to Ibra I say. That's by far more representative. And exactly how Capello wants Juve to be.

TBH maybe Alex would perform better if he played with more aggression.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++

I thought he is Hamburg's captain as well.but when I watched Hamburg-Hanover this week,I saw Van Buyten with the arm band.
No, Van Buyten has it.

++ [ originally posted by day walker ] ++
Zambrotta must be the captin after Alex then thuram

IMO Thuram should be captain regardles oof Del Piero playing or not.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

TBH maybe Alex would perform better if he played with more aggression.
I doubt that. He simply hasn't got the body to do so. And back in 1998 he wasn't a very aggressive player either.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

This is exactly why Del Piero should leave. He isn't representative to this Juventus. This is about Ibrahimovic, Emerson and Mutu. Less class, more brutality. Give it to Ibra I say. That's by far more representative. And exactly how Capello wants Juve to be.

juve's "class" left with zidane

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
a captain should control the team,but he even can't control himself.a captain should be calm and makes the team calm too.but Zlatan seems nervous most of the time.

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++
a captain should control the team,but he even can't control himself.a captain should be calm and makes the team calm too.but Zlatan seems nervous most of the time.
Not necessarily, Ibra has the biggest influence on this team now and that's what counts.

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
No sorry bud, im firm on this and i dont even think that thuram should be captain i think it should be and italian like zambro and buffon. Those should be the captains after Dp, why do you want zlatan to be captain when he wont even make 4 years with Juve. I barely even think hell last 3 years here. SOmeone will offer him more money and hell go to madrid or something.

inferis

Jun 5, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Menace ] ++

Not necessarily, Ibra has the biggest influence on this team now and that's what counts.
influence?.. no way.. juve is based on teamwork... the only influence juve had was zidane.. and he left already... ibra is merely our strongest attacking point... which most of the offensive moves directed from him... but we got others as well... zambro, camo, nedved to name a few... he is good, no doubt about that... but saying he is the biggest influence is an insult to a team like juve... and watching the chievo game is a fine example where he cannot be considered a captain... at least not for now...

i go for

thuram
rambo
nedved
canna
emo

technically, captain should be a middle player... who links the defensive and offensive parts of the game... he sees more... like ballack.

p/s: watch out for ali karimi in CL games..

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
++ [ originally posted by delp_07 ] ++
No sorry bud, im firm on this and i dont even think that thuram should be captain i think it should be and italian like zambro and buffon. Those should be the captains after Dp, why do you want zlatan to be captain when he wont even make 4 years with Juve. I barely even think hell last 3 years here. SOmeone will offer him more money and hell go to madrid or something.
erm no Platini was a great captain, i don't think he'll do that, he seems like the rare loyal kind.

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
++ [ originally posted by inferis ] ++

influence?.. no way.. juve is based on teamwork... the only influence juve had was zidane.. and he left already... ibra is merely our strongest attacking point... which most of the offensive moves directed from him... but we got others as well... zambro, camo, nedved to name a few... he is good, no doubt about that... but saying he is the biggest influence is an insult to a team like juve... and watching the chievo game is a fine example where he cannot be considered a captain... at least not for now...

i go for

thuram
rambo
nedved
canna
emo

technically, captain should be a middle player... who links the defensive and offensive parts of the game... he sees more... like ballack.

p/s: watch out for ali karimi in CL games..
Yeah sure teamwork but he's the player that makes it happen when this team doesn't work, you can't judge him on one game, well it's true, when he was suspended Last season, we struggled in our games, like I said future captain.

Sure but why go by the rules

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)