The big problem? (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
Can anyone really say that we wouldn't be the among the best if not the best team in europe if we just bought some damn good players! Some players with real attacking flair. Young players who are already good, but sill have good potential. If we bought: D'alessandro, Van der Vaart, Donovan, Hofland, Chivu, and Van der Meyde; can you really say that we wouldn't be the best? I think not. I am left with one question:

What are we waiting for?
We're waiting for another crisis so Moggi HAS to buy players...by then it'll be too late of course as all the players you mentioned will have gone to other clubs like Milan and Real...

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ErikP ] ++
We're waiting for another crisis so Moggi HAS to buy players...by then it'll be too late of course as all the players you mentioned will have gone to other clubs like Milan and Real...
Exactly, it's sickening :yuck:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
do we HAVE to wait for a crisis,we are not spending this season because we spent too much last season and i'd much rather we kept the cash and ensured we didn't get any debts so we can get back to our spending ways next season.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
we wont spend next season if we can manage to win the league again, personally i have always felt that you should always improve your squad each season irrespective of what you did the previous season, that way you keep your rivals at bay and secondly you guard against complacency within your team, nothing worse than for a player to feel he cannot be dropped no matter how badly he is playing

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
we wont spend next season if we can manage to win the league again, personally i have always felt that you should always improve your squad each season irrespective of what you did the previous season, that way you keep your rivals at bay and secondly you guard against complacency within your team, nothing worse than for a player to feel he cannot be dropped no matter how badly he is playing
Excellently said. I agree.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
agreed.strengthening a squad is an absolute must.to think we can win with an unchanged squad for seasons at a time is definitely wrong.

Aug 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [DJ Juve] ] ++
slow? aging?

hello! he hardly played the first half of last season, and he lost the top scorers crown by 1 or 2 goals.....quite impossible if ur slow...
Actually, according to inter.it, as i remembered, last season he played for 26 or 28 games?

Aug 21, 2002
And imho statistic does matter, coz opinion sometimes can be very subjective. For example someone might say that zambro is a great player while others say he sucks, only statistics can really shows us exactly how he's doing..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)