The best superclassico? (1 Viewer)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Boca-River Plate would be my vote for the longest, most heated rivalry going. Though these days Boca is struggling and is more dependent on Tevez than Milan is on Sheva.

In Serie A, there's always the Derby della Madonnina (Milan-Inter) and the Derby d'Italia (Juve-Inter). But for sheer blood and bile, I'd have to say the Rome derby has been the ugliest going for a while now.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Boca-River plate would be up there.....

In England, it has to be ManU-Liverpool

In Italy, the Milan Derby or Rome Derby, as well as Inter-Juve

Spain, of course El Classico......Real-Barca, which today ended 3-0 to Barca........ and the Madrid Derby of Real-Atletico.....

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
I'd like to Say River-Boca, but I think Barcelona-Madrid is the best since there's the long history between them (political too), both teams are still up there with the best, both have huge fan bases and are very passionate, both high profile teams.

In order:

1) Madrid-Barca
2) River-Boca
3) Milan-Inter

While derbies from other countries might be even more tense, those games don't have the internationl profile that the above mentioned ones do. That weighs heavily in my definition of "best."

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

While derbies from other countries might be even more tense, those games don't have the internationl profile that the above mentioned ones do. That weighs heavily in my definition of "best."
such as ?

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
Qadseya Vs Arabi in kuwait

what crowds try to find in these games ,, and they for sure not looking for quality of playing ,, what they seek is physical chalenges ,, coaches war ,, things beyond football ,, the players are like gladiators in someway

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Talking about derbies...

Barcelona - Real Madrid {Spain}
Universidad de Chile - Colo Colo {Chile}
Olympiakos - Panathinaikos {Greece}
Al Ahly - Zamalek (foreign refs are usually called in, and it is never played in either home ground, nut in Cairo National) {Egypt}
Galatasaray - Fenerbahce (Asia versus Europe) {Turkey}
Ajax - Feyenoord {Holland}
Celtic - Rangers (strong religous undertones) {Scotland}
Roma - Lazio (remember Nesta's daddy, a lifelong Lazio supporter would rather have drowned the kid than see him play for Roma when the boy was initially rejected by Lazio) {Italy}
Boca - River (the haves versus the have nots) {Argentina}
Manchester - Liverpool
PSG - Marseille
Etoile du Sahel - Esperance (coach of the losing side is always sure to loose his job regardless what position his team is on the table)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Shooting Stars - Enugu Rangers in Nigeria?
Asante Kotoko - Hearts of Oak in Ghana?
ASEC - Africa Sports in Cote d'Ivoire?
Orlando - Kaizer Chiefs in South Africa?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)