The Azzurrini (U21-20-19...) Thread (34 Viewers)

faank

Sep 27, 2008
To be fair, it needs to be mentioned that Koman Voli was born in Ukraine. His parents moved to Hungary when he was 1 or 2 cause his father got a job as a coach in Szombathely. He is seemingly ready for the Hungarian NT and Koeman (NT coach) should call him up asap. There is a big fuss in Hungary as to whether he'd choose Ukraine or Hungary. Rumors say his father wants him to play for Ukraine although Voli made it clear that it will be his choice and his father will not influence him in his decision. It's safe to say that we haven't had a midfielder of his vision since Detari (maybe some older members remember him, was an extremely talented player with huge mental problems). Although I'd be disappointed if he chose Ukraine, I could not hate him. He was born there, it is totally his choice even though we taught him how to play football.

I apologize for the off-topic; in all honesty I'm kinda fired up. I'm 25 and haven't had a chance to see a half decent Hungarian NT in my life. Hungary used to teach the world how to play this game (Aranycsapat) and we also had a Ballon d'Or winner along with many other magnificent players after their era - then everything went down with the last 30 years being a complete silence. These kids make the whole country believe that one day they will represent our nation at a WC/EC. The talent is obviously there, let's see if they are up for it in the head, too.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Anyone following the Euro u-19 in France?

They young Italians are playing too, but in the opening 2 matches they failed to score a goal. In the last round they're playing the already qualified Spain, but their chances to qualify are slim. From what I could see, there is not a single Juve player in the squad.
http://www.uefa.com/under19/teams/team=300066/index.html
France has been the most impressive team so far.

Group A
1. France 6 points (9:1)
2. England 3 points (3:3)
3. Netherlands 3 points (2:4)
4. Austria 0 points (2:8)

Round 1:
France-Netherlands 4:1
Austria-England 2:3

Round 2:
Austria-France 0:5
Netherlands-England 1:0

Group B
1. Spain 6 points (4:2)
2. Portugal 3 points (3:2)
3. Croatia 1 point (1:2)
4. Italy 1 point (0:2)

Round 1:
Spain-Croatia 2:1
Portugal-Italy 2:0

Round 2:
Spain-Portugal 2:1
Italy-Croatia 0:0

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Destro, Albertazzi, Borini, D'Alessandro are the bigger names, but as you well know, players this age rarely see top flight action in Serie A. Personally I think Crescenzi (Roma) and Caldirola (Inter) will also be good players.

Strange to see the lack of goals so far, considering prior to the tournament Destro had 11 goals in 6 games.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

Not familiar with most of them.

From England, our own Tom Cruise, Delfouneso and Nouble are the only ones I know.

We have quite a few players on the French team(typically). Sunu and Coquelin are ours. Lyon's Tafer is playing, he's an interesting talent, so is Chelsea's Kakuta.

French team looks decent.

Liverpool's Pacheco and Sergio Canales are the only ones i recognize from the Spanish team.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Destro, Albertazzi, Borini, D'Alessandro are the bigger names, but as you well know, players this age rarely see top flight action in Serie A. Personally I think Crescenzi (Roma) and Caldirola (Inter) will also be good players.

Strange to see the lack of goals so far, considering prior to the tournament Destro had 11 goals in 6 games.
I don't know any of those players you mentioned.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Destro - Inter Primavera goal machine, just been loaned to Genoa

Albertazzi - Milan defender, probably the best back there

Borini - Chelsea reserve goal machine, poached from Bologna

D'Alessandro - tricky Roma winger, loaned to Bari for next season

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Borini is one of them right? I knew i heard that name somewhere, though i don't think i've ever seen him play for Chelse.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Two of the Italian kids are owned by Chelsea :rolleyes:
There must be 15 Italian kids in England by now, they have scouts watching youth games at all levels.

Chelsea signed Vincenzo Camilleri as a 15 year old from Reggina, they flew a helicopter in to take him off the training ground in front of his team mates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)