The Australian Juventus Thread (5 Viewers)

Golazo

★ ★ ★
Sep 1, 2011
It's not as bad plane as the media make it out to be, it has many features that will not be found on any other plane that are far beyond any other (besides F-22) but probably is not the right plane for Australia. Problem is there is no real alternative for Australia (keeping 'political ties' or whatever intact)... i.e. buying U.S. only.
You may have seen this one, although I may as well post it:

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/reach-skies/

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
You may have seen this one, although I may as well post it:

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/reach-skies/
somewhat decent, but overly biased onboth sides. like that guy who says a F-16 could beat it... like a VW beetle beating a Ferrari or the Lockheed F-35 program manager guy with that condescending tone who speaks like everything will be fine.

The truth probably lies somewhere between that (I think) ex-minister of defence for australia (95-00) and the F-35 air force chief guy (bogdan?) with the raspy voice (not that corporate frog). The problem is, is that they don't really offer any other alternatives because there probably isn't a better one available. Going with Super Hornets + JSFs is probably a much better solution though, which is what they are doing now.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Female cast chosen for Australianmystery drama set in Malta

Claire Forlani, Ann Cusack and Marama Corlett have been cast as the leads in The Three Lucias, an Australian-produced mystery drama which is set and will be wholly shot in Malta, Inside Film in Australia reported.

The writer-director is Sandra Sciberras, whose parents hail from Malta. It’s her fourth feature following Max’s Dreaming, Caterpillar Wish and Surviving Georgia.

The producer is David Redman, whose credits include Charlie & Boots, Salute, Till Human Voices Wake Us, You and Your Stupid Mate and Strange Bedfellows, Inside Film said.

The plot follows Tony, a guy with a colourful past who is about to return home with the young daughter he didn't know he had until her mother Lucia died. His daughter is reluctant to leave and forms an attachment to a movie star with her own secrets. Over three days of Easter their lives intertwine with two other women called Lucia.

Forlani (Meet Joe Black, The Rock, Basquiat) will play Silent Lucia, who has walled herself into a life of suffering that only her love for her son can free her from.

Corlett (The Devil's Double, Disney’s upcoming Maleficent with Angelina Jolie) is cast as Pregnant Lucia, who thinks she is going mad and is trying to uncover why her mother did before it is too late.

Cusack (The Informant, Masters of Sex, Private Practice) is the movie star.

Redman says preliminary scenes will be shot in Malta this Easter during the annual festival involving Pregnant Lucia and two children who are yet to be cast. He says the male lead could be Australian, English or American.

He aims to start principal photography in August or September, funded via a combination of public and private investment from Australia and Malta. The Malta Film Commission is supporting the project, Inside Film said. Redman says he’s had offers from Australian distributors and is having discussions with international sales agents.

Sciberras says, “Growing up in Melbourne, Australia in the late 70s was interesting enough but being the only Australian born in an otherwise extended Maltese family was even more interesting, hence my fascination for the Maltese culture ever since. I was eleven when I visited Malta for the first time and even then it had left a strong impression, one that I could never quite shake off. Malta had not made any films that captured character or life the way the French, Italians or Spanish filmmakers had done.

“Six years ago I travelled to Malta with the intention of writing a film that helped me understand some of the complexities, uniqueness and richness the country and its people offered. The embryonic life of The Three Lucias screenplay began on the trip home.

“The three stories that make up The Three Lucias represent the part medieval and part modern world that these characters struggle against. The three stories come together in subtle ways through the character of Tony, a fish out of water but are ultimately united by their quest to survive as a parent when the ultimate challenges are upon them.

“Each story represents the struggle that parenthood throws us and the message in the film is a clear one; no matter how hard it gets only love can get us through.”
http://www.independent.com.mt/articles/2014-02-05/news/female-cast-chosen-for-australian-mystery-drama-set-in-malta-3866525697/

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
For the Sydney Juve fans on here (@gray @Mr Chocolate @Golazo)

Edgar Davids will be at the Marconi Club on the 20th February (along with two Juve representatives) to do a Q&A session and talk about his Juve career!! Awesome! Marconi is literally around the corner from where I live. I'm there.

Golazo

★ ★ ★
Sep 1, 2011
lol. Last time I was at Marconi, our team was pelted with bottles.

Anyway, Davids is one my my f*cking heroes. I will be there if I can, but it sucks that it's on a Thursday and I don't work or live close.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
fucking schapelle corby :lol2: so funny (but typical) how the media actually acts like a drug smuggler is actually important and we should all care about her... even worse is that people buy into that shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)