The Australian Juventus Thread (5 Viewers)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
It's too late to start blooding young players. Bring in Hiddink or Trapattoni. We need someone who can inspire these old players so we at least don't completely embarrass ourselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Osieck just never showed any promise from the start. The stupid FFA only picked him because of his links to Gus Hiddink.

- - - Updated - - -

We need to sack Frank Lowy as well by the way.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Our players are just so average though. Need to stop playing players like Neil though. Might as well go with youth.
That might be true, but we need someone in charge at Brazil who can at least organise these players tactically and to start picking younger and more energetic players. It's just gonna be about damage limitation next year, I doubt we will win a game, but with Osieck in charge we were looking at a total obliteration.

My hope is for a young Australian coach (Ange Postecoglou for example) to take charge of the team long term and to help blood in younger players over the years.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
we need to stop getting hack coaches like verbeek and osieck.
Ah yep. I forgot about Verbeek. They are all no name coaches and huge risks. I don't see why we couldn't court an experienced manager with a bit of kesh.

That might be true, but we need someone in charge at Brazil who can at least organise these players tactically and to start picking younger and more energetic players. It's just gonna be about damage limitation next year, I doubt we will win a game, but with Osieck in charge we were looking at a total obliteration.

My hope is for a young Australian coach (Ange Postecoglou for example) to take charge of the team long term and to help blood in younger players over the years.
Bring in some experience for the next world cup then get a project coach. Get il trap.
Word. Postecoglou is the best of a bad bunch. His experience doesn't really extend beyond Australia and this is an international team. The days of Farina-like coaches for our NT should be over. If not Hiddink then Trap would be pretty mint.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Postecoglu would be ok, but maybe after the WC. We need a much more experienced coach for the WC so we are not completely embarrased.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Why would Postecoglou be well equipped to coach against the best national sides in the world? God bless him (he's a South legend) but he needs experience outside of Australia IMO (Panachaiki don't count). Looks like he's the favorite for the job though so here's hoping he proves me wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)