The Australian Juventus Thread (7 Viewers)

Albertmare

Idea Maker
Mar 24, 2006
Melbourne voted most livable city again niggaaasss. You all better start thinking about moving.

Melbourne ranked the world's most liveable city as other cities lose points in survey

Melbourne is officially the world's most liveable city
Bumped off Vancouver for first time in near decade
Sydney ranked at sixth, Perth and Adelaide at eighth

MELBOURNE is officially the world's most liveable city, thanks to various world crises making other cities less attractive.
Bumping Vancouver off the top spot for the first time in nearly ten years, Melbourne took out the honour in the Economist Intelligence Unit's latest survey, with Sydney (sixth), Perth and Adelaide (tied eighth) also making it into the top 10.
The Canadian city slipped to third spot behind Vienna, losing points in its infrastructure score.
In a tumultuous year for the planet, several places lost liveability points, leaving it wide open for the relatively unscathed Australian cities, Economist Intelligence Unit survey editor Jon Copestake said.
"Australia, with a low population density and relatively low crime rates, continues to supply some of the world's most liveable cities," Mr Copestake said.

"Despite the rising cost of living driven by the strong Australian dollar, these cities offer a range of factors to make them highly attractive."
Much of Europe also dropped down the rankings thanks to the Euro zone’s debt crisis, and the ‘Arab Spring’ uprisings and civil wars downgraded the liveability of the Middle East and North Africa.
The Libyan capital Tripoli fell into the bottom 10 for the first time.
Athens also became a decidedly less desirable place to live after its austerity measures and civil unrest dropping it five places 67th place - below cities in emerging economies such as Montevideo in Uruguay.
At the bottom of the list of 140 cities was Harare in Zimbabwe, which scored 38.2 per cent.
Brisbane came in at number 21 on the survey, two spots ahead of Wellington but behind Auckland which was number 10.

Melbourne scored 97.5 per cent, just beating Vienna on 97.4 per cent and Vancouver on 97.3. A ranking of 100 per cent is considered ideal.
The survey ranks 140 locations as having the best or the worst living conditions, with cities scored on political and social stability, crime rates, access to quality health care, cultural events, the environment, education and the standard of infrastructure.

news.com.au
:touched:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Cirillo

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #62
    Australia voted the 2nd best place to live :touched:

Revealed: The world's happiest places to live

Australians are among the happiest in the world. Photo: Krystle Wright

AUSTRALIA is the second best place to live in the world - the UN said so. But who pipped us?

In a photo finish to rival this year's Melbourne Cup, Australia was ranked behind Norway by a hair's breadth by the United Nations.
    The UN's human development index had Australia at 0.93 - on a scale of 0 to 1 - a cool 0.01 behind number one nation Norway, Fairfax Media reported.
    The index measures life expectancy, schooling, and gross national income per capita - which is where Australia trails Norway.
    On life expectancy we're doing just fine, thankyou very much, with an average life span of 82 years - behind only Japan's 83.
    Where should you avoid setting up a home? The Democratic Republic of Congo - which comes in at the bottom with 0.29.

The top five places to live
    1. Norway
    2. Australia
    3. The Netherlands
    4. United States
    5. New Zealand

Aug 1, 2003
    I will be leaving Melbourne for good after four years of studies end of this month! Very nice place to live in no doubt despite the poor serie A coverage. Only Juve fans I've interacted with here is when Juve came down in 08 and a lovely waiter at Grossi Florentino.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    i dont know about you, but i m happy when i see that our fans are not that stupid as our board thinks they are...
    just some flicks and an occasional goal of a NT should not always do...
    But we will see what will prevail in the end, the logic or nationalism of our fans...
    That's about Borriello. Says everything really.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    i m under the impression that those 2 guys hate me and a third Australian, so i didnt add that smiley on purpose until i see their real colors, i was afraid that some other posters could be offended and i m glad that it didnt last long, as my haters always arive first:seven:

generally i am very fond of the Australians (foreign inhabitors and natives) like Gray and Americans like Swag of this forum.
    Those guys are half or a quarter of globe away from Italy but i feel that our sympathy for Juve bring us so close.
    One has to admire how one young American can have such a fondeness for our clb and watch serie A with passion.

For Australia i only heard the best commets, in Sydney and Melbourne there is a strong presence of Greeks, i met some of them and others who had the courage, money and time to travel that far and all the things they described me amazed me.
    Lately, in the middle of this financial crisis and future uncertainty, Australia arised as one of the most attractive destinations for my generation migration waves.

I m still puzzled of the attitude of those 2 members, inter destroyer almost gave a pleasant surpise there...

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    i m under the impression that those 2 guys hate me and a third Australian, so i didnt add that smiley on purpose until i see their real colors, i was afraid that some other posters could be offended and i m glad that it didnt last long, as my haters always arive first:seven:

generally i am very fond of the Australians (foreign inhabitors and natives) like Gray and Americans like Swag of this forum.
    Those guys are half or a quarter of globe away from Italy but i feel that our sympathy for Juve bring us so close.
    One has to admire how one young American can have such a fondeness for our clb and watch serie A with passion.

For Australia i only heard the best commets, in Sydney and Melbourne there is a strong presence of Greeks, i met some of them and others who had the courage, money and time to travel that far and all the things they described me amazed me.
    Lately, in the middle of this financial crisis and future uncertainty, Australia arised as one of the most attractive destinations for my generation migration waves.

I m still puzzled of the attitude of those 2 members, inter destroyer almost gave a pleasant surpise there...
    And I'm seriously puzzled by your attitude and the ridiculous things you always say.

OP
    Cirillo

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #80

To be honest I don't know you so i don't/can't hate you. I just couldn't help but make note of the generalisation is all.

As for Aus, Melbourne and Sydney get the most comments because they're the biggest cities and get the best publicity. They're both awesome cities though and if you've heard good things then you've heard the truth. Working for my state government in the immigration sector means I have a general interest in people migrating. If you want to move to an Eastern Start in Australia you will need an Employer Sponsorship or want to study. General Skilled Migration to an Eastern state is virtually impossible.

95% of the Greeks in Australia still think they're walking the golden streets of Athens. They are fucked!

BN_Aus & InterDestroyer are good blokes!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)