The Australian Juventus Thread (36 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
It seems like there's only going to be one match played here because they keep saying brisbane, sydney or Melbourne. Melbourne has a couple of advantages in that we have a new dedicated football stadium, massive Juve support from all the wogs :D (probably more than sydney) although they played here last time so that worries me a little but :xfinger: Melbourne
You've obviously never been to Sydney. Massive amounts of wogs here.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Surely you guys have Lebos in Melbourne?

We're loaded with them in Sydney.
Some I think but not as many as Melbourne has. I think they're mostly in the northern and western areas and I don't really go to those places very often.

If it is in Sydney I will fly up.
Yeah I'd have to consider it. Couldn't be too expensive either, especially if you flew up on that day and came back at night.

Aug 1, 2003
Obviously, he just meant that there are a lot of Italians in Sydney when I asked how it was :)

Anyway:

Sergio Brio, ex difensore della Juventus, club con il quale ha giocato dal 1978 al 1990, esprime il proprio parere, ospite della trasmissione "A Tutto Campo, Radio IES", sul mancato rinnovo di Alessandro Del Piero con il club bianconero, mancato rinnovo che costringerà il capitano juventino a cercarsi un'altra squadra in vista della prossima stagione, a 37 anni: "Del Piero Sta facendo benissimo e la Juve gli deve tanto, purtroppo però tutto ha una fine e lui deve capire che questo ciclo è finito. Io e Causio gli siamo stati vicini quando arrivò alla Juve perciò so che tipo di ragazzo è. Troverà sicuramente spazio negli Stati Uniti o addirittura in Australia, anche se è molto lontana. La Juve si lascia sempre a malincuore ma bisogna avere riconoscenza, anche Del Piero deve voltare pagina".

Ale going to Aussie to play, surely not :seven:

OP
Cirillo

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #216
    I too think it's going to be Sydney. It's only fair I suppose since Melbourne had Juve in 08. FUK!
    Adelaide had first option of that game in 08 but when the Juve management came here to view the ground they decided to go to Melbourne :cry:

As good as AAMI Park is 25,000 isn't enough. Juve aren't going half way across the planet for 25,000 spectators. ETIHAD is an incredible stadium but round stadiums for square pitches are truly shit. As good as the MCG is, watching football (soccer) there is pathetic. ANZ Stadium gives them the opportunity to sell up to 80,000 tickets and it's a square stadium. makes perfect commercial sense to go to sydney.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    Adelaide had first option of that game in 08 but when the Juve management came here to view the ground they decided to go to Melbourne :cry:

As good as AAMI Park is 25,000 isn't enough. Juve aren't going half way across the planet for 25,000 spectators. ETIHAD is an incredible stadium but round stadiums for square pitches are truly shit. As good as the MCG is, watching football (soccer) there is pathetic. ANZ Stadium gives them the opportunity to sell up to 80,000 tickets and it's a square stadium. makes perfect commercial sense to go to sydney.
    yeah my thoughts exactly. I thought AAMI stadium is bigger than 25k...

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    ANZ is a pathetic soul less piece of shite stadium. But as you said, it's rectangular AND it has an 80,000+ capacity.

I reckon the atmosphere would be x10 better if they played it at the SFS which is a smaller and more compact stadium which holds 45,000. It's a fantastic stadium when sold out. Perfect for football.

Hopefully they train at the Marconi Club. Would be epic!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)