The Argentinian Left Midfielder : LUIS GONZALEZ (1 Viewer)

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
I saw this player on Torneo Preolimpico SudAmericano Sub 23.
He's such brilliant player on his position, very mobile, and he's got 3 goals so far in this tournament (Carlos Teves only got a goal :dazed: )

Well, this tournament is very attractive and you can see lots of young talented players here.:)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++
He's such brilliant player on his position, very mobile, and he's got 3 goals so far in this tournament (Carlos Teves only got a goal :dazed: )

Well, this tournament is very attractive and you can see lots of young talented players here.:)
care to give his bio?

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++

How old is he?Are all his goals penalties or free kicks :D

Dec 17, 2003
Luis ("Lucho" is his nickname) González is not that good in my opinion. I don't really know what our coach sees in this guy because he's also one of the very few players not playing in Europe that our coach often calls for the first National Team.

His true position is right midfielder (he's right footed) and plays in River Plate. But he can also play the left and central midfielder. And right now Bielsa is using him as playmaker, which just doesn't fit him. As I see it, he tends to disappear whenever the team is in trouble ans doesn't have enough guts. Too cold if you ask me... :rolleyes: And in a recent interview he admitted himself that he wasn't talented enough so he had to try harder.

Not in the same level as an Aimar, D'Alessandro, Romagnoli or Riquelme in my book.

By the way, did you guys happen to remember about a guy called Marinelli? He used to be in Boro (where he hardly played), then had a six-month experience in Torino (where he surprised a lot of people) and has gone back to Boca. Now THAT is a good player!

Dec 17, 2003
Yeah well, it is known he doesn't like helping their teammates defend at all, which is something you must do, specially in European teams where you just can't be a playmaker and only attack and stay passive on defense.

And back in his childhood, he used to be a real ball-hog. He would never pass the ball to his teammates. He wanted to score all the goals by himself :D so much so that one day one of his coaches decided to form a team of only Marinelli against the other 5 (it was in one of those indoor carpet courts for 5 or 6 players each team, I don't know how you call them in English, please tell me since I've been wondering about it for ages!) to give him a lesson. Of course, he lost. I heard he is still sort of a ball-hog, but to a less extent ;)

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
++ [ originally posted by magosantana81 ] ++
(it was in one of those indoor carpet courts for 5 or 6 players each team, I don't know how you call them in English, please tell me since I've been wondering about it for ages!)
indoor football is called Futsal, they don't play it on any artificial grass carpet. no more than five players can play for each team, one of them is
the goalkeeper.

OP

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    ++ [ originally posted by magosantana81 ] ++
    Luis ("Lucho" is his nickname) González is not that good in my opinion. I don't really know what our coach sees in this guy because he's also one of the very few players not playing in Europe that our coach often calls for the first National Team.

His true position is right midfielder (he's right footed) and plays in River Plate. But he can also play the left and central midfielder. And right now Bielsa is using him as playmaker, which just doesn't fit him. As I see it, he tends to disappear whenever the team is in trouble ans doesn't have enough guts. Too cold if you ask me... :rolleyes: And in a recent interview he admitted himself that he wasn't talented enough so he had to try harder.

Not in the same level as an Aimar, D'Alessandro, Romagnoli or Riquelme in my book.

I think Luis pretty good in Argentina NT (under 23), with his team mate in RiverPlate, Osmar Ferreyra.
    Well, IMO Marcelo Bielsa has made a good choice for his team, besides, both Luis and Osmar has scored triple goals in this tournament :cool:
    I don't have any profile about him, sorry.... but all I know, he plays for River Plate now and his age is about 23 years old.:)
    Santana, you said he admitted that he wasn't talented enough, and he had to try harder. Don't you think he's very low profile? ;)

I dunno what you mean he doesn't have enough guts, Santana :D

btw, I like Bielsa's formation 3-4-3 with Mariano Gonzalez, Carlos Teves and Cesar Delgado in front, for me that's too risky but brilliant idea to put 3 strikers :strong:

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    one simple question, is he gonna be good enough to play for Juve in a few seasons time?

If not, there's no reason to get him and screw his career up

and about Marinelli, he is really talented.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)