The aftermath (5 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

“The last few years have been difficult for me with injuries, so in actual fact I played more this season than I did in 2004,” said the captain. “I thank Capello, because he made the right choices and took Juve to the title. It was a victory against those who said I was finished, but above all I dedicate the Scudetto to the people who always supported me.”
Channel4.com
WORD Captain WORD

Buy on AliExpress.com

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
damn that pig Raiola. Bull from his side. But who didnt know that? :)
I hope this means we will at least keep him. And we also need to keep Emerson. Hopefully Zambrotta aswell.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
No player is bigger than the club, and if selling Zlatan will be beneficial in the long run, then of course we should go ahead with it.

HOWEVER, when it comes to Zlatan, I REALLY don't think that's the case.

Screw Rooney, screw Ronaldo, screw Kerlon, screw Freddy Adu, screw Jean Carlos Chera. Zlatan for me is the most exciting youngster on the planet. Sure, he has a few rough edges here and there, but he's 23, and the most important thing is that he has all the foundations of an absolutely world class player.

Selling Zlatan after only his first season simply because the moolah is on the table would be an extremely rash and premature decision, even if one only looks at it from a debits and credits point of view. Bill Gates didn't become a billionaire by selling off Microsoft as soon as it looked like it had some moneymaking potential.

Zlatan in his first season has been our top scorer and second-best assist man, scoring more goals in his first Serie A season than he ever did in the Eredivisie, not to mention he scored the same number of goals as Adriano, and only one less than the great Sheva. How much more promise does the lad need to show in order to not be sold?

I think it'd be best (both from a footballing and monetary point of view) to give Zlatan more time to show us what he can do, and if anything, raise his sale price a bit more.

If we sell Zlatan in the summer, I will be very, very pissed off, and I'll probably go to my room and have a cry, denouncing my loyalty to Juventus... then come crawling back :irritate:
100 percent agree!
Zlatan hasn't yet reached his peak and looks well on the way to it, Juve are winning club not only a PRofitable club.
We were more dependant on Zidane then, BUT, he reached his peak and its always best to sell at the peak, thats how u make the biggest profit, like stock broking, hahahaha......

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Zidane was sold for one main reason... HE WANTED TO LEAVE.
After Zidane was sold to Real, Moggi stated on a press release that when Real presented the offer (~70 million euro) he refused it. Zidane then went and told Moggi that he wish to leave Juventus for Real. So Moggi accepted the offer because he thought that if a player does not want to be at Juventus, Juventus does not want him. Meaning he won't play well.
He continued saying that there are many players wanting to wear the Juve Jersey even as a sub.
He also said: With all respects to Zidane, whom he stated that has good relation with, Juve built Zidane, and we will prove that Juve can live without him.

That was what Moggi said more or less (cant remember the exact it words.. It 4-5 years back)
Well Moggi was right.. we ended up winning the Scudetto the year after we sold Zidane...
Viva Nedved :cool:

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
Del Piero himself also admitted that the lack of certainty in his campaign pushed him to improve his performance.

“The last few years have been difficult for me with injuries, so in actual fact I played more this season than I did in 2004,” said the captain. “I thank Capello, because he made the right choices and took Juve to the title. It was a victory against those who said I was finished, but above all I dedicate the Scudetto to the people who always supported me.”

Channel4.com
We will always be here for you Captain !! You are THE LEADER :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)