Fixtures

Wednesday, February 4, 2004
    17.00 Morocco 1-1 South Africa
    17.00 Nigeria 1-0 Benin

* All times UK

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    at last,
    i thought no one here in the forums watches the tournament either than the eygptans.

anyway mikhail,who do you support in the tournament?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    what's up with Burkina Faso...i used to think they were pretty good... i guess not anymore.

where's Cote D'Ivore? [spelling?!] :eek:

anyhow, hard luck to our brothers on the other side of the red sea. :down:

Now, i really dont mind who wins between: Tunisia, Morroco, Algeria, and Kenya (for you Ali :D )

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    what's up with Burkina Faso...i used to think they were pretty good... i guess not anymore.
    Burkina Faso are not so good, actually never been.

where's Cote D'Ivore? [spelling?!] :eek:
    They didn't make it this time.

Now, i really dont mind who wins between: Tunisia, Morroco, Algeria, and Kenya (for you Ali :D )
    Thanks dude :touched: Unfortunately we are already out. Good thing is we actually won our first match in 14 attempts at the African Cup of Nations. Yes we thrashed Burkina Faso 3-0. Memorable.

Algeria - I really don't think they have it in them to win the cup.
    Tunisia - On a good day they can beat anyone but they have not been tested properly.
    Morocco - Looks like the favourites right now. Watch the young striker called Chamakh & the play amker Zairi. Brilliant plays between these guys & Naybet is doing great at the back.
    Cameroon - Most talented individuals around but their defence is awful.
    Nigeria - Quite overated. Nothing special yet but they occassionaly show some brilliance.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++

Burkina Faso are not so good, actually never been.

They didn't make it this time.

Thanks dude :touched: Unfortunately we are already out. Good thing is we actually won our first match in 14 attempts at the African Cup of Nations. Yes we thrashed Burkina Faso 3-0. Memorable.

Algeria - I really don't think they have it in them to win the cup.
    Tunisia - On a good day they can beat anyone but they have not been tested properly.
    Morocco- Looks like the favourites right now. Watch the young striker called Chamakh & the play amker Zairi. Brilliant plays between these guys & Naybet is doing great at the back .
    Cameroon - Most talented individuals around but their defence is awful.
    Nigeria - Quite overated. Nothing special yet but they occassionaly show some brilliance.
    Zairi,is a brilliant player Ali,but you forgot to mention Mustafa Hadji's small brother Yosof Hadji:thumb:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    where's mustafa himself right now? remerber i really liked him during wc98
    he was completely ignored at Aston Villa(dont know why)he was always on the bench although when he plays he always performs splendidly.
    anyway just last week he moved to Espanyol in the La Liga.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
    Zairi,is a brilliant player Ali,but you forgot to mention Mustafa Hadji's small brother Yosof Hadji:thumb:
    Been following him. Just want to make sure he is not a flash in the pan. Afterall following in his brothers foot steps won't be easy but he sure is showing skills & speed. Most importantly him & Chamakh are showing real hunger.

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
    I agree...Both Zairi and Youssef Hadji are very good players

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Brilliant goal by Yusuf against Algeria & yes he is emerging from his brothers shadow nicely.

The semifinals are here. Quite an interesting matchup and this is how I think things will go:
    Tunisia - Nigeria
    On paper it looks like Nigeria will win hands down but never under estimate the home ground advantage. This could well boost Tunisia into the finals. I believe it will be hard fought and Nigeria will triumph. 2-1 to Nigeria.

Mali - Morocco
    As it is Mali & Morocco have outdone themselves & have surpassed most peoples expectations by reaching this far. I expect a free flowing and exciting game. I think Morocco will bag this one. 3-1 to Morocco.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Tunisia - Nigeria
    this will be tough it wont be an open match IMO,but Tunisia will play with spirit in front of a huge homecrowd,as for Nigeria they'll give a big fight but in the end Tunisia will win it 1-0.

Morroco - Mali
    this will be an open and exciting match,both teams have nothing to lose,but i expect it 2-1 to morroco.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)