That Totti such a nasty person! (1 Viewer)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Just read this:

After all the bad press Francesco Totti received for his spit at Euro 2004, he will be relieved by some good news. The Roma captain auctioned the shirt he wore when he scored his 100th Serie A goal Vs Inter on Ebay and earned a massive £2,400. Totti has donated all the proceeds to the PUPI foundation for underprivileged Argentine children.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'm glad he does charity work, and in the end helping poor children is more important than football, but it's really hard to look past his actions on the pitch and just think of him in a new light because of this.

I hope you understand

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Look, I don't mean to undermine the charity work, but that kind of money is peanuts to Francesco Totti.

I'm not saying that he's a nasty evil person, in fact I admire his character in publishing a book that ridicules himself... but he's just proved over and over again that he's an idiot, and it's hard to ignore these kind of incidents

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Wow, great of him to give 2k to charity, out of his modest 5000000 € salary.
That's right...

He can even do this couple more times this season without having to worry of going bankrupt.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
thinking about it now, I think my dollar a day for my World Vision child probably amounts to more than 2,400 and I'm no millionaire football superstar

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++
U know what I hate most. when people do a charity or help the poor and anounce it to public.
technically that actually not a bad idea.... the thing about celebrities is people tend to follow and give attention to the things they do..thats why organization like UNICEF or Red Cross appoint 'ambassadors'....

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
I bet if Nedved or DP would've done this, you would've said " my my, he is so great and nice!".
that's because Nedved doesn't do things on the pitch that would make people think otherwise.
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
Well, Gray just publically announced his $1 a day World Vision Child campaign :D
Right, and that's supposed to make you guys think that I'm so generous, right? :LOL:

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
well done gray, maybe i'm gonna start doing sumthing like that too :)

see, like aressandro sed ppl tend to follow other ppl :D

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

technically that actually not a bad idea.... the thing about celebrities is people tend to follow and give attention to the things they do..thats why organization like UNICEF or Red Cross appoint 'ambassadors'....
my point is that they "abuse" the act, they mostly anounce so that people will say " oh how a good man he is" etc.. I'm sure they don't give a fvck about those poor kids.u know what i mean?

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
sadly, sometimes that is the case snoop. it's all for the good image publicity
that's what i mean exactly. I can't put all the opinion in one good sentence like this.that's because of my poor english :frown: :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)