Tevez (1 Viewer)

Aimar-Rene

Dec 16, 2004
Imagine if a few seasons ago, Kaka thought, nah I'm going to River Plate - instead he went to Europe and has become a star at Milan. Unless Corinthinans have some type of deal under their sleeves, I'm just competely baffled by this.

Corinthians fans need to stop celebrating if Tevez doesn't stay for at least 18 months.

Why?

Copa Libertadores. Simple as that. They aren't going to be in next year's tournament and with Tevez joining the team for 2005, they'll need to win either Copa do Brasil or the 2005 Brazilian championship for the 2006 edition.

Tevez is a very talented player; I dare say more than Robinho or Diego, and the only Brazilian of late who can match him is Kaká; but, Kaká did not achieve in SPFC what Tevez won in Boca Juniors.

Speculation is mounting now because the investors who put up the cash to bring Tevez to Brazil are now talking about getting River Plate's Mascherano. There are even rumors that Corinthians will try to seduce former Boca coach Carlos Bianchi. It may be a long shot, but anyone who knows a thing about Bianchi is aware that one thing Bianchi has long said he wanted to do as a professional soccer coach is to coach in Brazil.

If Corinthians get other heavyweight talents to build a team AND a coach of Bianchi's caliber, then the hordes of favelados may after all celebrate the conquest of America. But it won't be easy if all they do is bring Tevez. As good as he is, the current Corinthians squad doesn't compare to the 2003 Boca Juniors team, which had a lot of experience and team chemistry.

With serious reinforcements AND Bianchi as coach , THEN and ONLY THEN can Carlos Tevez be expected to have an impact on Corinthians comparable to his time in Boca. If not, expect lots of fancy soccer but few titles, no Libertadores, and Tevez playing in UEFA – at the latest, after the 2006 World Cup.

I was surprised to learn that Carlos Tevez himself wanted to leave. He said that in his country, people do not know how to treat soccer idols and said that in Brazil, at least Pele is taken care of. However true that is or not, Pele is respected in Brazil, but Tevez forgets that in Argentina, Maradona is given far more leeway and idolized more intensely than Pele is.

Perhaps he agreed to a Brazil deal because it's not far from his homeland and because despite considerable differences, Brazil is still a fellow South American culture. The language won't be terribly difficult for him.

But his family? Even though he can afford the finest security money can buy, his folks would be far safer in London, Munich, or Madrid than in Sao Paulo - I question how much safer SP will be for them than Buenos Aires was.

There are rumors all over the place about tevez and the reasons he is leaving. I am a bit sad and worried because he has changed managers to a manager that his girlfriend works for as well.

this seems pretty weird and a bit troublesome if you ask me. He said in a rare and recent interview he gave a show in argentina called "mar de fondo" that his family is not content in argentina and that is why he is leaving boca that he loves so much. He said that brazil is close because his fiance will be staying in carlos paz (cordoba ) while he is in brazil. I dunno alot of weird stuff concerning the young player and the stress is getting to him. He avoids cameras as bad as he avoids defenders. As the story develops we will soon seen what comes through. He said he will be with his fiance in corodoba.

all the best to him where ever he go except the defectives of Boca:D

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by tassard ] ++
I don't think that.Have you seen him in the olympic games?
Tevez has that Maradona stockiness-yet-nimble-speed thing. Not unlike Adriano, he looks deceptively slow and deliberate at times. But he's definitely one of the best prospects in South America.

After the Olympics and before his trade, his performances declined. But between club and nationals, they rode him like a sled dog without a chance to recover. Which adds up even at his tender age.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by tassard ] ++

I don't think that.Have you seen him in the olympic games?
Yes I have. I think it's a joke that he has decided to go to Brazil rather than Europe. Rather dubious if you ask me..

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
I really think there has to be somethimg behind his move to Brazil... I mean theres no othr explination for the move, at least not for me...
I heard somewhere that Chelsea is behind the move, but I don't know whats the conextion....

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Me too i heared that Chelsea is behind the move.If that's true it will be disastrous.Why all the teams buy players and we don't?

Aimar-Rene

Dec 16, 2004
no no no !!!!

chelsea is not behind this move. if my information is wrong....well then only Carlitos know that.

There is no back step or disaster as many of my fellow members think here. The deal is pur professionalism. Look he is just 20 and with the talent he has got....i don't think he has choosen wrong destination. He will be a European player in coming couple of years. no problems in it. For now he just don't want personally to move to Europe. don't know why but lets give the kid his privacy and time to go there in Europe. It will happen one day.

for now dont speculate him for chelsea. mark my words he wun go to English circus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)