test (2 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Maicon was good, but imo Juan was the best of the back 4 in Brazil. And I mean strictly defense, not his goal or other situations where he was a danger up front.

Usually in WC best starting XI's, rarely a player outside the top 4 makes the final 11. It happens only when someone has a monster tournament and brilliant 5 matches, like Stojkovic in 1990 or Hagi and Preud'homme in 1994. Juan has been really excellent, but not really better than some CBs who made the final 4 and who have the advantage for playing great till the very end, in the toughest matches.
The bolded part :tup:

You say Juan has not been as excellent as some CB's that are in the final four? I wouldn't necessarily disagree, but i am curious as to who you believe were better than him?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Speaking of which,

The 10 nominees for player of the tournament has been announced. Messi is one of the nominees

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #52
    Van Bronckhorst hasn't been that good IMO and Van Bommel should have been sent off every game, but because he wasn't, he did become a vital factor in the orange team. Don't know about Lahm either TBH.
    Let's see your team then.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    How can you not know about Lahm?

He has been brilliant in this tournament, if Brazil reached the latter stages, Maicon might have snatched that RB position from him, but since he didn't, i can't think of any fullback that has been as solid and as impressive as Lahm

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jan 30, 2008
    Messi in the player of the tournament list, may aswell put Ronaldo in there aswell?:lol:

So biased the fucking pundits. Messi chocked hard.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    I think he did quite well in the tournament. Even in the Germany game, when he didn't have the best of games, he wasn't that bad. He had a few shots on goal, and gave an amazing through ball to Tevez that Neuer caught before the former could reach it.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    You say Juan has not been as excellent as some CB's that are in the final four? I wouldn't necessarily disagree, but i am curious as to who you believe were better than him?
    No, I mean that the Spanish and the German CBs weren't any worse than Juan. Maybe not better, but not worse either. But the fact that they'll play 2 more matches and end up to be more successful than Juan, they'll be given the advantage over him.

Oh, and even though I understand FIFA and their favoring of those players who make football popular (no matter how they played in a particular tournament or season, players like Zidane, Ronaldinho, Kaka, and now Messi, were always making the shortlists), this time they seriously exaggerated it with Messi.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    Eduardo
    Lahm Puyol Fredrich Coentrao
    Schweinsteiger Perez
    Robben Ozil Robinho
    Villa​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)