--------Schweinsteiger--------
------Iniesta----Sneijder------
Muller-----------------------Villa
-------------Forlan--------------

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Anyone who doesn't have Schweinsteiger in their team needs to have their head examined.
Oh! Me! Me Me me! :flag1:

I didn't think he did that well. Certainly compared to previous tournaments and compared with his teammates this Cup.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Anyone who doesn't have Schweinsteiger in their team needs to have their head examined.
i was undecided on either having him or playing with 433 and robben in the team,i just thought his last game against spain was not that great,he could have done much better in that game..but yes he has been terrific..and i just wanted to have honda in the team

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
-------------------------Neuer----

--------Lahm------Pique-----Juan---Coentrao

------------------------D.Perez----

------------------Sneider------Schweini

----------Forlan-------Klose----Villa

Honorary mentions to Lugano, Xavi, Iniesta, Robben, Mueller, Ozil and Honda

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Oh! Me! Me Me me! :flag1:

I didn't think he did that well. Certainly compared to previous tournaments and compared with his teammates this Cup.
Compared to previous tournaments? He has been far better this WC.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
-------------------------Neuer----

--------Lahm------Pique-----Juan---Coentrao

------------------------D.Perez----

------------------Sneider------Schweini

----------Forlan-------Klose----Villa

Honorary mentions to Lugano, Xavi, Iniesta, Robben, Mueller, Ozil and Honda
Juan? Interesting choice.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I thought he had a very good tournament, and was even MOM for Brazil at times, but was overlooked because he was a defender.
Also had a couple of tiny mistakes IMO. Then again, most of the time he was the one who eventually solved the situation he created anyway. Rather poor miss against Holland too. Overall acceptable decision, no doubt, but I hadn't really expected him in anyone's 11.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Also had a couple of tiny mistakes IMO. Then again, most of the time he was the one who eventually solved the situation he created anyway. Rather poor miss against Holland too. Overall acceptable decision, no doubt, but I hadn't really expected him in anyone's 11.

When you think of it, there haven't been a lot of very good defenders in the WC anyway, even my other choice Pique hasn't exactly been world class in this tournament, and has had his fair share of mistakes. His inclusion has more to do with the lack of performing defenders in this tournament.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Maicon was good, but imo Juan was the best of the back 4 in Brazil. And I mean strictly defense, not his goal or other situations where he was a danger up front.

Usually in WC best starting XI's, rarely a player outside the top 4 makes the final 11. It happens only when someone has a monster tournament and brilliant 5 matches, like Stojkovic in 1990 or Hagi and Preud'homme in 1994. Juan has been really excellent, but not really better than some CBs who made the final 4 and who have the advantage for playing great till the very end, in the toughest matches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)