Terrorism (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I'm not just having a cheap shot at the US, but I have no other way to say this other than... it'd be too obvious if they guarded only the oil refineries, as well as the fact that they have to clear out the Iraqi resistance first..

are they currently controlled by a ruthless dictator? No.

As I said before, it's great that Saddam was removed from power, but to hinge the whole US military presence on that fact is a bit of a copout
Okay, fair (or maybe not fair) enough. Instead of relentlessly throwing blame and accusations upon us, what are your guy's suggestions to resolve this situation?

By the way, I might seem a bit harsh sometimes, but I'm not the type to turn my back on my country. I cannot stand some of the accusations and labels put on my country, and I try to defend it the best I can. I know it might sound naive, but put yourself in our shoes for a day.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

you're just shrugging off his point Incubo-style. Do you honestly think that if the US wasn't making every decision regarding Iraq's government, that they'd return to 'the Saddam era'?
Of course not, I was being sarcastic. It's just hard to grasp what exactly Iraqi's want.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Okay, fair (or maybe not fair) enough. Instead of relentlessly throwing blame and accusations upon us, what are your guy's suggestions to resolve this situation?
My suggestion is to send less soldiers and more aid workers; I highly doubt these resistance fighters would shoot Americans just for the heck of it, if they were convinced that they were in Iraq to help. Establish an independent Iraqi government, allow the citizens independance (i.e. not forcing them to buy everything they need from American firms). Basically they need to stop thinking about the potentially huge monetary profits that can be reaped by US corporations. The only problem is that they have absolutely no motive for doing this, except helping the Iraqi people, which is not a beneficial priority to have.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

I highly doubt these resistance fighters would shoot Americans just for the heck of it, if they were convinced that they were in Iraq to help.
But then again, what if they don't want our help?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
what's so hard about it? oh that's right, it costs billions of dollars. I guess it's out of the question then.
I don't know whats so hard about it. Maybe ask President Bush, or Saddam Hussein, or Abdi Abul Mohammed on the streets of Baghdad. Maybe they would know....

gray

Apr 22, 2003
so who's next?

An Iranian opposition group alleged today that Iran was hiding a uranium enrichment facility in Tehran and aims at getting the atomic bomb next year.

The claims by the National Council for Resistance in Iran (NCRI) come two days after Iran agreed to suspend enrichment in order to defuse international concern about its nuclear program.

Senior NCRI member Farid Soleimani told a press conference that the Iranian military was hiding an enrichment site in northeast Tehran, "run by Mohsen Fakhri-Zadeh, one of the regime's top nuclear scientists".

"The site is called the Centre for Development of Advanced Defence Technology," Mr Soleimani said, adding that for the Iranian military, 2005 "is the target date for the first bomb".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)