Terrorism (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeeeech

Jul 25, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

I promised myself I'd stay away from this thread, just because I'm starting to see just what some of you ppl are all about.........

This SCUMBAG has NOOOO....... cause !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he's SO religious then why does he control the world heroin trade ??? Besides being paid off by Saudi Arabia to stay out of their country, Mr. Osama is in full control (or was in full control until we started bombing Afghanistan) of the poppy fields and labs to produce heroin. This scum bag had a partnership with the Sicilian Mafia (their Catholic, arent they ??), and the Mafia in Bulgaria to produce and distribute heroin across Europe and the USA.

This is where Osama made BILLIONS over the past 10 years to make enough money to hire former Soviet and Pakistani Nuclear engineers and buy between 20-80 suitcase nuclear bombs to be deployed into America

In my field I deal with this eventuality every day- its a matter of time before the USA gets hit by such a weapon............You so called "experts " here, armchair politicians, and terrorism sympathizers can all go to HELL !!!!!!!!!

If your not Muslim, Bin Laden wants you DEAD !!!!!! Do your homework, look up his statements, and realize what the world is dealing with............
r u american?

Buy on AliExpress.com

kurvengeflüster

********* a.D.
Jan 24, 2004
Everyone knows that threads about politics are prohibited here. Martin doesn't want those topics in a juve (soccer) forum. anyhow we let it go in this case. politics is a sensitive subject and by defendig your point of view you can't avoid to "criticize" others one. but at least you can respect the others without offending them. that should be possible - we are old enough, aren't we?

personally, I don't have any problems if soccer fans debate about politics but I demand integrity and ethics as that is the base for every discussion (no matter what topic).

one more insulting/offending post here and I'll close the thread.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

:wallbang:

maybe i should have put a smilie...
I know what you meant... and i also know that it's your style of posting. My post was meant to show the mod (Torkel i believe) that everything's ok here. :)
not a smilie man myself so dont bother. ok, my bad, but have to agree, youre not the most sarcastic lad around. no problems, cheers. :)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

I promised myself I'd stay away from this thread, just because I'm starting to see just what some of you ppl are all about.........

If he's SO religious then why does he control the world heroin trade ??? Besides being paid off by Saudi Arabia to stay out of their country, Mr. Osama is in full control (or was in full control until we started bombing Afghanistan) of the poppy fields and labs to produce heroin. This scum bag had a partnership with the Sicilian Mafia (their Catholic, arent they ??), and the Mafia in Bulgaria to produce and distribute heroin across Europe and the USA.

This is where Osama made BILLIONS over the past 10 years to make enough money to hire former Soviet and Pakistani Nuclear engineers and buy between 20-80 suitcase nuclear bombs to be deployed into America

In my field I deal with this eventuality every day- its a matter of time before the USA gets hit by such a weapon............You so called "experts " here, armchair politicians, and terrorism sympathizers can all go to HELL !!!!!!!!!

If your not Muslim, Bin Laden wants you DEAD !!!!!! Do your homework, look up his statements, and realize what the world is dealing with............
Well thats pretty much true, even if your not American.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Great. There is new information that terrorists are targeting financial districts in DC, New York, and New Jersey. The threat level is now High. This doesn't sound good. :groan:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Great. There is new information that terrorists are targeting financial districts in DC, New York, and New Jersey. The threat level is now High. This doesn't sound good. :groan:
Actually, this sounds like the same old fear, uncertainty, and doubt (FUD) tactic that has been used since Sept 11, 2001.

If we can't trust our government to recognize WMDs in Iraq, how are we supposed to trust their hunches about domestic terror?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

Actually, this sounds like the same old fear, uncertainty, and doubt (FUD) tactic that has been used since Sept 11, 2001.

If we can't trust our government to recognize WMDs in Iraq, how are we supposed to trust their hunches about domestic terror?
But this time it seems more serious. Mr. Ridge gave specific targets that terrorists might attack, including Citibank and Prudential. Its like they narrowed down the threat, making it more valid.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
But this time it seems more serious. Mr. Ridge gave specific targets that terrorists might attack, including Citibank and Prudential. Its like they narrowed down the threat, making it more valid.
Three letters: C ... Y ... A.

Not "CIA". CYA.

Ever notice countries like France and England -- who have dealt with domestic terrorism for far longer than the U.S. ever has -- have never bothered with some kind of public early warning system? It's ludicrous, really.

What is any sane American supposed to do with this information, anyway?

Meanwhile, the way French and British anti-terrorist forces have always handled it, they've gone in and committed intelligence and resources to deal with the situation -- not having to strike fear in the hearts of a public who can't really do anything about it. Extra security checkpoints are established, screenings increase, public garbage cans get sealed ... but no one ever thinks of going public with unusuable information that does little besides spreading panic on rumors.

If this country is supposed to value strong business leaders as a model for strong government leadership, we're failing miserably. One of the jobs of a good manager is to both facilitate communication and also know when to hold back on information. If rank-and-file employees had to freak out about every proposed merger, every early-in-the-quarter revenue shortfall, etc. (i.e., things they have no control over anyway), such a manager would be fired on the spot in corporate America.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #192

Exactly. I'm somewhat sceptical, this could all be a political game to turn away attention from Kerry and back to Bush. After all, terrorism and security are going to be the most important segments of his campaign, he's just reminding people that he's doing something.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Actually, he has a cause -- despite how futile it is. Problem is that you take a madman and people try to apply their own personal rationality to their logic, and they don't get it when it doesn't add up.

It's all about the radical Islam belief that the world is about a holy war between the believers and infidels, and that you have to be on the right side of things when judgement day comes.

Now you might argue that most organized religions are just this shy of being called cults. But really, what you are effectively dealing with in an Al Qaeda and their ilk is truly a cult. And cults don't make a stitch of sense to outsiders likeourselves. One man's fervent religious commitment is another man's Kool-Aid party ... if you catch the Jim Jones reference.

If he's SO religious then why does he control the world heroin trade ???
    Simple: it's about supplying the war against infidels. It's easy to rationalize this crap when you invoke religion. That's what makes it so powerful and deadly, and yet so much an utter waste for everyone affected. The same rationalizations are used for killing the "innocents" such as children who are incapable of taking any active position on Islamic fundamentalism, killing other Muslims as collateral damage, performing suicide bombings (since suicide is against Islamic law), etc.

This isn't really all that difficult to follow, folks. We're dealing with a cult of insular people with a cause that's as doomed as an effort to boil the ocean. And a lot of innocent people are going to die over their hubris and ignorance in the process, because the fact is they have no hope of ever ultimately succeeding anyway. (At least on this earth. In their minds with their 72 virgins is another story...)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

Three letters: C ... Y ... A.

Not "CIA". CYA.
    I really don't catch your drift there.

Ever notice countries like France and England -- who have dealt with domestic terrorism for far longer than the U.S. ever has -- have never bothered with some kind of public early warning system? It's ludicrous, really.
    Yeah its such a stupid idea really. Who cares if the public knows about an imminent terrorist attack? :rolleyes:

And neither England or France has ever experianced something like 9/11.

What is any sane American supposed to do with this information, anyway?
    Keep vigilant for any suspicious activity.

If this country is supposed to value strong business leaders as a model for strong government leadership, we're failing miserably. One of the jobs of a good manager is to both facilitate communication and also know when to hold back on information. If rank-and-file employees had to freak out about every proposed merger, every early-in-the-quarter revenue shortfall, etc. (i.e., things they have no control over anyway), such a manager would be fired on the spot in corporate America.
    Well see, thats corporate America. :)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    Torkel,

let Zlatan post what he wants, dont censor him

He's already crossed the line along time ago with me.....no need to close the American Juve thread over his ignorant comments....

I'm sure that whatever he has to say to me will be of no surprise, since most of what he says is nothing but garbage.........

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)