Terminator Salvation (Terminator 4) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
No script can save a movie if the director likes his CGI and explosions.
Well it is a movie about a post-apocalyptic war against machines. Something tells me CGI and explosions would probably come in handy. I wouldn't underrate McG.
The guy got his start with music videos, so making the movie visually stunning shouldn't be a problem for him. The cast is very solid considering this is the 4th installment of a popular Scifi franchise. I wouldn't go expecting Oscars, but I do anticipate a well done entertaining movie.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Well it is a movie about a post-apocalyptic war against machines. Something tells me CGI and explosions would probably come in handy. I wouldn't underrate McG.
The guy got his start with music videos, so making the movie visually stunning shouldn't be a problem for him. The cast is very solid considering this is the 4th installment of a popular Scifi franchise. I wouldn't go expecting Oscars, but I do anticipate a well done entertaining movie.
I have no doubts about the film looking stunning, the budget alone will probably take care of that. I'm afraid of the plot getting lost somewhere along the line.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I have no doubts about the film looking stunning, the budget alone will probably take care of that. I'm afraid of the plot getting lost somewhere along the line.
That's always a danger when you try to extend a franchise. The fact that Christian Bale signed on for the movie puts me at ease a bit. He hasn't really ever done a bad movie. And after his Batman success, it isn't like needs the money.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

That's always a danger when you try to extend a franchise. The fact that Christian Bale signed on for the movie puts me at ease a bit. He hasn't really ever done a bad movie. And after his Batman success, it isn't like needs the money.
I agree but hey...he's gonna, sooner or later.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
That was my feeling too until I read that he's given the impression that he's less than impressed by the film. I'm hoping that was misreported.

McG is a hack action director, though he's produced some slightly better stuff, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Jonathan Nolan made a pass on the script. That's Chris Nolan's brother, who co-wrote all of Nolan's movies. That's promising. Haggis and Ryan had a hand in it too. They're both solid writers. Unfortunately, the story itself is by two hacks and an unknown quantity. That's distressing.

I'm waiting for the critics on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)