Techno, Trance & House - Reborn (12 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I'm guessing you're on about sasha but I've only heard the first one. . . so call it an educated guess at that.

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #303
    Sasha's Involver is a work of art. But screwing Tiesto and PvD in favour of Sasha is pure ignorance. First of all Sasha's style is COMLETELY different from Tiesto's or PvDs. Comparing them together is like comparing Nirvana to Michael Jackson. Over Sasha's career he has experimented most electronica genres and is known as the true pioneer (along with Digweed) of the progressive scene. Their Northern Exposure series are among the finest pieces of electronica history. Sasha being king of the dancefloor? It's funny because Airdrawndagger and Involver are anything BUT dancing albums. They are more chillout progressive albums, stuff you chill to, drive to, sleep to, but not dance to.

Through my observations, I have come to the conclusion that you are not a trance fan. You like progressive music with housy, trancey elements. In that case, I suggest you look into artists such as Gabriel and Dresden, Way out West, Nick Warren, Sander Kleinenberg, John Digweed, maybe even James Holden, Max Graham, Deep Dish and list can go on.

And please do look at my top 3 artist albums of the year. Sasha's Involver is no. 1. Plain and simple, the guy is a musical genius (credit must go for Charlie May as well who literally works hand in hand with Sasha). But insulting Tiesto or PvD in favour of Sasha is just ridiculous.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Its indeed a commercial song but I still like it

I saw Tiesto a month ago and I liked it, it all depends if you get on your own vibe and enjoy it

Mar 14, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
    Its indeed a commercial song but I still like it

I saw Tiesto a month ago and I liked it, it all depends if you get on your own vibe and enjoy it

What is he "in"? Trance or Techno....some say that he is even better than Carl Cox....that would mean techno.....but I dont belive them. CC is the greatest :)

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #309
    Erm, no. Tiesto is trance with some techy elements in his own productions. He has been voted No. 1 DJ in the world three years in a row now (not that that means anything). You sure as hell will have a good time if you like trance or if you like partying in general. I cannot compare him to Cox becuase they play different styles of music and my opinion would be biased since Tiesto is one of my fav DJs of all time :p But I personally perfer trance over techno in general. Trance is more emotional :)

But Tiestos sets and performances now are nothing compared to his glory days in the late 90's and early 2000's. Still a killer DJ to see live.

Mar 14, 2004
    Well,I perfer techno over trance cuz of his brutal nature(minimal techno) but Carl always find a way to represent techno in happy way.....Yes,i hird that Tiesto has some mixures of Trance and Techno.....he is onley big-name that didn't played in Zagreb....so i'll jump to Wienna for shure now :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)