Technics - yeah buddy. (1 Viewer)

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    ++ [ originally posted by Sir Sebastian ] ++
    are you a dj? or just beginning?
    No I'm starting. But I ain't no beginner in house and trance. I think this is the start of my broke life. $15-20/record is quite expensive.

But its all fvcking worth it!

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    yea, was just asking because my cousin and his friend are dj's (not famous or anything but they do local parties and such). he has a few sets of turntables/synthesizers/and all that other crazy shit i dont understand but like the noises from :D

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
    You can be cool and get this instead

http://www.createdigitalmusic.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=444&Itemid=44

:D
    :p

From that site:
    "Apparently pitch control is possible, too, though limited, and it's not clear how they might fix iPod cueing"

wow, what geniuses! The two most fundamental parts of mixing are somewhat lacking! Some engineers they hired!

:LOL:

Dude, if you wanna see a real big boy toy, check this out:
    http://www.xone.co.uk/3d.htm

This+any software dj program (traktor, ableton, etc) = :eek:

Forget the A&H specs, just freaking look at it!

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by Tom ] ++
    good stuff PM. You'll have to upload some of your sets once you get good at it ;)
    Yeah, should have gotten it during the summer, cause from now until april I got some serious studying to do at uni.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    The digital mixers have really become acceptable of late. I know a number of SF area club DJs who have made the switch and love the portability without sacrificing much else.

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
    The digital mixers have really become acceptable of late. I know a number of SF area club DJs who have made the switch and love the portability without sacrificing much else.
    Well with midi controllers like that, who wouldn't wanna go digital. You pretty much get all the functions any turntable can give you, plus much more creativity and flexibilty with the software features, such as layer numerous different tracks over one another, making unique blends, incorporating loads of samples and pretty much remixing and bootlegging live.
    But I've had this major turntable/vinyl fetish for the past 3 years (now I mean major to the point that I've bought vinyl over the past couple of years in anticipation of getting some decks.) First I wanted to spin trance, then progressive house and now after speaking to some downtempo djs and hearing their work at restaurants and lounges, I'm leaning towards the calmer sides of djing. All in all, I think I'll be spinning progressive house/electro/progtrance and downtempo. Two records crates it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)