Team Rotation: will it work for us? (1 Viewer)

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
Juventus midfielder Emerson admits he's no great fan of coach Fabio Capello's rotation policy.
"During the close-season the coach informed us that this year there would be space for all," said the Brazilian. "The games are many and it's right to rotate the players with such a big campaign in front of us.

"I am unaccustomed to being on the bench, but the most important thing is to win and pocket the three points."

It works for a lot of teams, but for other is just pure chaos. Do we have enough good subs that are able to replace our great players?

Buy on AliExpress.com

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Even if we rotate the squad,we could not use all the players.
That is the situation with Olivera ,for example.I was very surprised that Capello used Giannichedda at several occasions,TBH i never expected that.
Blasi as RB,well I never expeted that moreover,but it resulted as a good solution,and Blasi is playing that position even better than a previous one(DMC).
I'm not the strategist,so I can't tell is it good or not,for me and all of us the time will show the result of the rotation.But,learning from the best,Mourinho is using that all the time,and he is winning!

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Team rotation, what an interesting term. But I really think it is based on 2 factors, the players to rotate and the occasion

Let's talk about the players

For a successful team, it takes the players and the coach to get well together. And the coach must know which players to choose from, not juz anyohow pick a player and dump him in that position. A coach must determine the starting 11 who will bring the best results out of his team. In our team, we have every compartment which is complete, except for the RB position. Zebina's lack of concentration is costly, rotating him between Balzaretti + Blasi + Pessotto is a good strategy, however when playing against a strong opponent, it is important to determine the best player among the lot. For our attackers, we have Zlatan, Trez, Mutu, DP and Zala. And Capello has made up his mind as to which players will be playing. With Capello's preference to tall strikers, Zlatan + Trez will get the nod, but if I were the coach, I would rotate Z, Trez and DP, with Mutu behind the 2 instead of Nedved. I would determine which striker performs better, and take the other player off, something like that 1st few games last season.

Occasion

Speaking of the starting 11, it's impossible to play all of them throughout the season becos we will probably lose due to exhaustion, especially our hectic CL + Serie A schedule. We would be pitting against strong teams for matches to come. So I would say, the best 11 has to start against the strong teams and grabbing a win is important. I wouldn't mind giving our 2nd team players a try against weaker teams, but I wouldn't change the entire squad. Like instead of putting Trez - Zlatan, I would opt for Mutu-DP-Zala trident. For LB we can play Chiellini instead of Zambro all the time, for RM we can let Olivera play once in a while in place of Camoranesi. for CM, Blasi/Gianni can take Emerson/Vieira's place since the latter 2 would be suspended someday. Nedved to take Mutu's place, and place Nedved as a LM. I would use squad rotation only somwehre in the middle of the Serie A campaign + Coppa Italia. I don't like the idea of using team rotation early in the season, as our starting 11 needs to get games for their experience.

Oh yea, don't rotate the team as much as Inter, otherwise we would experience something like the Palermo 3 - 2 win against them becos Mancini rotated the team at such a period.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I have always seen that Olivera plays better on the left than the right, but anyways...squad rotation is a must, it is true we have so many games and many players will become exhausted. So it is beetter for our subs to be continuosly involved in the first team so that when and if the time comes that they must step in for our starting 11 in a big match, they can deliver.
Imagine if we were in a situation like Milan last year, vs. US and then vs. Liverpool...very difficult schedule. plus this year many players will travel for WC qualifiers.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
When Capello won the Scudetto with Roma, he constantly used team rotation basing on condition, form and opposition. It's nothing new for him.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
its a must in order to protect our key players for the vital matches to come latter in the season. we have enough talent to rest one or two players every now and again

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
**** the supercup it is prob better we lost it now we have better motivation to beat inter when it really counts.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

i do ? :D
:D

I think the rotation is, to some degree, a necessity. I think it's better to be proactive about it rather than to wait for injury or suspension and then pull one of your subs cold off the bench.

This weekend's match against Parma showed that we have a lot of shakiness in taking well to this rotation formula. But it's early in the season and we won the three points in the end by falling back more on "old habits" (and good ones at that). The key will be fielding a squad like the one we started with and having them lead a team like Parma, without needing a bit of a bail out.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Rotation is by all means a neccesity. We cannot expect our first team to play all 46+ matches this season without tiring and the possibility of injuries. If we do not give the subs sufficient playing time they will not be ready to play when the times comes that we need their services. Trying to play the first 11 every single match might benefit you in the short run, however in the long run it will undoubtedly cause problems. We need the rotation to help rest our better players and to get the substitutes ready for when they are called upon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)