tactics and formations (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K_Mac

Apr 15, 2006
You don't know a thing about Amauri
Don't tell me that. I know plenty. It inevitably happens when you play with two goal-poaching strikers and a third support player.

Gilardino-Toni-Totti at WC 2006. That didn't work. Lippi went to Toni-Totti

Henry-Eto'o-Ronaldinho/Messi. This had the obvious faults.

Klose-Gomez-Poldolski. Gomez couldn't coexist with Klose.

I know Amauri is better on the ball than Trezeguet, and I know they are not the same player, but they essentially play the same role. If they are both waiting for service from a third support player, it will fail. A three forward attack can only work with a goal poacher and two support strikers. Amauri and Trez can work in a 4-4-2, but not a 4-3-3.

Buy on AliExpress.com

nabulio

Jan 31, 2008
I just want to say, that IMO Zanetti is a must in midfield until he is fit. So I can see a zanetti - Sissoko, or Zanetti - Poulsen combo. and I don´t think that we will use the trident frequently.

We will see, but without creativity in the middle of the midfield we cannot compete in Europe, that´s for sure.

Slow_Roll

In Love with a Feelin'
Mar 4, 2008
I still think defense is going to be something that will kill us, not offense. In attack we can choose from many alternatives depending on what works best, in defense rb is the only position covered and even that is not great. Our whole defense relies on Chiellini, as Mellberg has never played in Italy nor speaks the language, Andrade is as good as dead, Legro is decent and Knezevic is okl I suppose(haven't seen enough of him). Molinaro is horrific and De Ceglie prefers a more forward role+ has no experience.
so comparing to other seria a top teams
Milan: Dida<Buffon
Zambrotta>Zebina Nesta>Legro/Mellberg Kaladze<Chiellini Jankulovski>Molinaro

Inter Julio Cesar<Buffon
Maicon>Zebina Cordoba>Legro Materazzi<Chiellini Chivu>Molinaro

Roma Doni<Buffon
Cicinho>Zebina Mexes>Legro Juan<Chiellini Tonetto>Molinaro

Fiorentina Frey<Buffon
Comotto><Zebina Gamberini>Legro Dainelli<Chiellini Vargas>Molinaro

So arguably even Fiorentina have a better defense then we do. Someone could also claim that if I compared Chiellini to Nesta, Cordoba or Mexes he wouldn't be the better one but I think everyone gets it even this way.

K_Mac

Apr 15, 2006
Gigli's recent comments on channel4: Some Juve fans have protested against the acquisition of Poulsen, claiming that Liverpool’s Xabi Alonso would have been a better addition.

“It’s quite right that the fans want to be convinced by performances on the pitch,” the Bianconeri leader said.

“I am sure that we have made the right choice. It’s not a gamble from Claudio Ranieri – it’s a strategic decision because we know that a powerful attack needs to be supported by a strong midfield.

“Alonso would have been a technically different choice and we opted for Poulsen because we need a dam in the midfield.”

This might hint that the board/management is considering a 3 forward attack ("a powerful attack")? And if that is the case, then Poulsen is the better choice over Alonso. With three forwards, you need two rocks in the center.

Or Gigli is saying the right things to justify the purchase. Only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)