Tactics and Formations (13 Viewers)

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Man, it would be awesome if for example Pellegrini doesn't suck and instead turns out to be an adequate and solid player, not amazing once in a generation super Zambrotta R Carlos Marcelo love child, but adequate, solid and maintaining a decent to good level of performances week in week out...

Sadly I see him doing that only as a reverse Cuadrado in a wingback formation with 3 defenders in front of WiFi password. The more I think about it, the less safe and sure I feel if we practice standard 4 player defence line, regardless of how the rest of the players are situated on the field.

Even a huge Max fanboy like me doesn't really believe in his magic skills to turn wasted and useless players into solid and dependable ones in short period of time, so instead I would like to see something like this (not today of course, as there are few South Americans that are key in this scenario):

----------------Kean------------Dybala------------Chiesa----------------
---Pellegrini---(whoever sucks the least)---Loca---Cuads---
--------------------Danilo-------Bonucci---------DeLigt----------------
------------------------------------Wozniak----------------------------------

Front trio has potential for several rotations, Dybala will always roam close to our midfielders no matter what, be it as a false 9 or trequartista behind the front two, or even floating around in a free role next to Chiesa and behind a sole striker in Kean/Morata, where his obvious backup would be Kulusexy. With the quality of our current fullbacks (bar Cuadrado) and our midfielders (bar Locatelli), I really don't see many options and working 11 better than this, especially if we use a standard backline. Pellegrini (so far) is no better defender than the terrible Sandro, but he is without a doubt a better and more useful attacker, crosser and assist provider. Danilo proved to be a solid and dependable player in a defence trio and should play there, preferably on the left to back Pellegrini when needed, so that's basically most of the time. In the heart of the midfield chose whoever helps Loca the most, since all of them keep fucking up from time to time but on a regular basis, it's a no brainer that the least of them play, the better, no need to use two of them next to Locatelli, one is already enough. Up front there is potential, I genuinely like the idea of Kean and Chiesa playing together, if Dybala finds his form and Alvaro keeps delivering coming from the bench then this could work, it could actually work just fine... I hope...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
It amazes me how Sandro makes it into all of these future lineups…

The thought of seeing Kulu on the right instead of Chiesa…
Left back needs to be addressed if sandro has another dismal season.

Not sure why you are surprised to see chiesa on the left when cuads will play up and down on the right. If sandro becomes spinazzola in euro form overnight then by all means play chiesa on that right side again. But chiesa seems to be the only player who can help drive that left wing while sandro is there.

A LB needs to be a priority along with another midfielder this summer.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Left back needs to be addressed if sandro has another dismal season.

Not sure why you are surprised to see chiesa on the left when cuads will play up and down on the right. If sandro becomes spinazzola in euro form overnight then by all means play chiesa on that right side again. But chiesa seems to be the only player who can help drive that left wing while sandro is there.

A LB needs to be a priority along with another midfielder this summer.
I’m not surprised to see him there, it’s just not his best position and this is a future team that has been built that hasn’t solved any of our issues down the left flank. Kulusevski won’t amount to anything, he’s too slow and clumsy.

Goosens on the left and Chiesa on the right and all of a sudden the team is twice as dangerous. I love Cuads but he’s 33 years old now, 34 by the time that team comes into effect so we can’t expect him to be up and down that right flank like he has been for the last few years.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Cuadrado made a real difference in the first half. In the second he looked really tired and should have been subbed even earlier. I think this how we can expect him over the course of the season. And I wouldn't trust him as a RB unless it's against lower tier. He won't be able tack back. But I still view him as a super sub next year and hope he stays even if his game time will get reduced over this season.

Sent from my Samsung via Tapatalk

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Cuadrado made a real difference in the first half. In the second he looked really tired and should have been subbed even earlier. I think this how we can expect him over the course of the season. And I wouldn't trust him as a RB unless it's against lower tier. He won't be able tack back. But I still view him as a super sub next year and hope he stays even if his game time will get reduced over this season.

Sent from my Samsung via Tapatalk
I think we can trust him against any team in the RB position, he has always performed well. But danilo will play there so cuads should just focus on raping teams in that final third.

Chiesa on the left doing the same...but where does that leave dybala and morata/kean in the starting 11?

We can't play a man midfield...not unless we clone locatelli...I think rabiot is here to stay on that left to protect the space for sandro to push up and create on that left side.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
4-2-3-1 is the way to go with the players we have.

Tek
Danilo-Bonucci-De Ligt-Alex Sandro
Bentan-Locatelli
Cuadrado-Dybala-Chiesa
Morata

Dybala is good at coming back to collect the ball and make nice passes for our fast strikers.

Kulu, Berna, Kean, Rabiot, Chiellini, McDonald could be useful subs.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
dybala's best place is at the edge of the penalty area. in his full seasons he is the player who scores one of the most goals outside of the area. long range left footed shots starting from the rw position is where he's the most effective. he's not a winger, that's why it's a puzzle to be solved. yeah, he's 27, and still a tactical headache. :boh:

i bet both him and allegri miss mandzukic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)