Tactics and Formations (13 Viewers)

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
For me this is the best formation we have available to us with our best 11 available.

Kean should start over Morata, Morata is always dangerous from the bench but I’d rather we start to develop Kean who could become WC.

Cuadrado on the right can track back with Chiesa as an inside forward, Cuads tracking back should offer the defence more protection and Loca is a disciplined mid so he should offer some further stability. Question marks are around his partner though, our most disciplined CM is Arthur when fit so those 2 could form a nice technical partnership. McKennie could offer more energy if we start playing him in a deeper role - he is not an attacking mid….

I hope Allegri can get this sorted

Buy on AliExpress.com

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Our Midfield is going once again to be a big problem. It takes at least a year for allegri to get the players needed to fit into his system. He has to test many combinations and systems.
3-4-3

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I don't like when Allegri and others sees it as strength/weakness. Take for example Delle Alli. Now, there is obviously a lot of factors behind his poor curve these past years. He was regarded then as "strength in attack". And yes, that is true. But only when he could attack from deep. When you move him upfront, he was mediocre at best. Finding the right space and occupying it in the right time is what makes some B2B players stand out. I would argue it is the same with Vidal. Still a great presser when we deployed him as a AM but a diamond when used as a B2B because we utilized his defensive strengths too. In attack there was no "free space" to occupy and he was already marked, when he was deployed higher up. He has decent vision but not like a "true AM". Delle Alli is not strong defensively but exposed when deployed further up the field. I think we will see something very similar with Locatelli unless his starting point is deeper. Look at the Euros, he always started from deep when he popped up out of the blue. Same goes for Müller and all the rest. I want Locatelli as a B2B that helps in the build up and ends up as a raumdauter in the attacking phase.
Just a shout out to Allegri to never deploy McKennie that high up again. He's a poor man's Vidal and should never be a AM. Recover possession, press and create space by off ball movement - those are his strengths and how he should be deployed. Let him pop up from behind and I am sure he will pop a few goals over the season too.

Regarding Morata and Kean, I agree. Morata has been really poor for several months now and has looked tired for a long while now. Haven't seen Kean since he left but I'd rather let Morata rest and recover his form eventually and in the mean time let Kean show himself.

As for Rabiot, he is just so inconsistent I am not sure what his strength is. Running with the ball. That's my first thought. Might fit next to Loca as a pivote but I don't see him doing it well. I don't think his strengths will be utilized. On the other hand. All other CMs would be poor in the role, so... I'd go for Danilo until next summer. Not a good pivote, but Allegri is facing the issue if picking headache. Whoever he picks will give him a headache.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Bonucci formations :tuttosport:

3 ATB is better than man mark 4 ATB (for Bonucci) but worse than zonal. Bonucci is good in 4 man zonal.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Fuck these systems etc. They're basically built for low IQ players, to simulate the game IQ of theirs to tell where they should be in certain positions. Great players understand the game better and can go with their instics and that's when football looks beautiful. To say, our players aren't very high IQ individuals, so telling them what to do might be the best solution, but should never be tried with the people like Messi and Ronaldo. Telling those 2 what to do is like removing their brains and trying to inject some sort of stupidity in their veins.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
It’s hard to come up with an ideal formation because Kean is best used as a pure poacher, not out wide. Chiesa is best on the right. Dybala is really just a second striker. A three man backline seems ideal, but we don’t have three CMs worth starting. Allegri wants to use Loca further up so we don’t really have a regista. The left flank is bare. It’s just a mess.

I think a 3421 might be the best option

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Whatever it is it needs to be simple. Pirlo complicated the fuck out of his tactics and the players lost their football IQ and still haven't recovered.

We are fucked on the left...sandro our only option is a disaster these days. Can Mr plug a hole Danilo take this side with cuads on the right?

Chiesa is fast, powerful, has a very good finish...maybe playing him upfront with dybala isn't such a bad idea....we have cuads and Kulu for wing options.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Whatever it is it needs to be simple. Pirlo complicated the fuck out of his tactics and the players lost their football IQ and still haven't recovered.

We are fucked on the left...sandro our only option is a disaster these days. Can Mr plug a hole Danilo take this side with cuads on the right?

Chiesa is fast, powerful, has a very good finish...maybe playing him upfront with dybala isn't such a bad idea....we have cuads and Kulu for wing options.
Problem with playing Chiesa and Dybala up front on their own is we don’t utilise our crossing weapons

Chiesa and Cuadrado are excellent crossers and we need some kind of target man. That approach against empoli cost us the game

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
4-2-3-1
Gk- szcezny,
Rb- danilo, Lb- sandro, Rcb- chiellini, Lcb- De ligt,
Rcm-locatelli, Lcm- Arthur,
Lw- Chiesa, Rw- Cuadrado, Cam- Dybala,
St- kean

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
If he plays Dybala as winger again, should be 5th new coaching appt in 5 yrs
Like it or not, that’s where Dybala likes to play. Look at his heat maps from any season and you’ll see his red zones are always out on the right. He just naturally drifts out there even though ideally he’d just park his ass in the box. I think that’s why we’ll always struggle with Dybala as a CF. He’s not disciplined enough for it.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
As long as the supply remains poor from midfield, dybala in a CF role will drift to get involved in the game. May be a discipline issue, but he isn't the type of cf who will just sit and wait...he will ant to get involved.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
As long as the supply remains poor from midfield, dybala in a CF role will drift to get involved in the game. May be a discipline issue, but he isn't the type of cf who will just sit and wait...he will ant to get involved.
this has been an issue since he’s been at Juventus, I don’t think its fair to just blame the midfield for everything. Anyways is it even an issue? This is who he is. A good manager can adjust.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
this has been an issue since he’s been at Juventus, I don’t think its fair to just blame the midfield for everything. Anyways is it even an issue? This is who he is. A good manager can adjust.
Agree the midfield can't just be at fault, tactical issues play a part and as you say a good manager can adjust. But he is able to go get the ball and create for others as well....he is almost a hybrid or a mixed bag of lollies...and that is the reason we sit here today still asking what his best role is and question why he drifts when played in a CF position.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I don't know, Dybala and Kulusevski are guys that can only flourish as second strikers, in a 352. But Chiesa is our best player, and he's a winger. The only other winger we have is Cuadrado.

Basically, our most talented players don't fit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)