Tactics and Formations (6 Viewers)

Halabalu

Dec 5, 2011
Yeah... 3-5-2 could be usefull against weaker teams, to creat more pace on flanks and increase the posession rate. Against tough outfits 4 3 3 is more cautious hence more benefitial !

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I agree but I can't really say that in a 4-3-3, I liked our upfront attacking players. Most of time, Vucinic - Matri and Pepe are by far the poorest players on the pitch. I think Matri would be a lot better and less wasteful if he has a SS next to him (Vucinic/Quag).

I liked our matches a lot when we played the 3-5-2. We crushed Roma with that system in the coppa and won pretty well against Milan and Udinese.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I think we might move to a 3-5-2 for most matches from now on. We still keep the mid trio and our defense also gets a lot better with three CB's who work great together. The two never tiring fullbacks are there and Matri gets his SS in Vucinic. Also, no Pepe.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
Yeah... 3-5-2 could be usefull against weaker teams, to creat more pace on flanks and increase the posession rate. Against tough outfits 4 3 3 is more cautious hence more benefitial !
agreed but the 3-5-2 worked against milan and udine...i don't think it would work against napoli or inter though

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
“I think we did well both with the 4-3-3 and the 3-5-2 this season, but I believe the team is happier with this tactic. We have three excellent centre-backs and it’s a shame to leave one out.”

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:lol: 3 excellent CB's?! Really?! We were getting raped in the 1'st half on the counter. Not to mention, what would happen if one of them got injured or suspended? We don't have that much depth in defense.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
:lol: 3 excellent CB's?! Really?! We were getting raped in the 1'st half on the counter. Not to mention, what would happen if one of them got injured or suspended? We don't have that much depth in defense.
Not a huge fan of the system either since we dont have any wingbacks.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
“I think we did well both with the 4-3-3 and the 3-5-2 this season, but I believe the team is happier with this tactic. We have three excellent centre-backs and it’s a shame to leave one out.”
Oh dear lord, have mercy on our souls.

Just play Chiellini LB then for all I care, problem solved, all 3 are on the pitch!

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Also, we need someone behind the two strikers who can support them like Hamsik does for Napoli. We're basically playing with 2 strikers and the rest are either defenders, central midfielders or fullbacks.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Also, we need someone behind the two strikers who can support them like Hamsik does for Napoli. We're basically playing with 2 strikers and the rest are either defenders, central midfielders or fullbacks.
:agree:

If Juve are to play 3-5-2 with the squad they have, they need to play Giaccherini in central midfield to give the team a better balance.

The whole thing is very static with the team that started against Milan.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Vidal-Pirlo-Marchisio

Pepe-Matri-Vucinic​

------------------------
There has been lots of talking about the 4-3-3 with these exact players being the ideal formation for Juve.
It's been obvious for the bare eye to notice that it's indeed the best we can field, but the stats confirm it really well.

These are the matches we played with 4-3-3 and with these 6 midfielders and attackers forming the 4-3-3:

Fiorentina-Juventus 0:5
Atalanta-Juventus 0:2

Juventus-Cagliari 1:1
Lecce-Juventus 0:1
(Matri replaced Quag in 23rd minute and we played the usual 4-3-3)
Lazio-Juventus 0:1
Juventus-Palermo 3:0
Inter-Juventus 1:2
Juventus-Fiorentina 2:1

Milan-Juventus (from 70th minute) We made it 1:1 after losing 0:1 before that.
Juventus-Siena 0:0 (Pepe injured and replaced in 38th minute)

7 wins and 1 draw, in addition to outplaying Milan and earning a draw a couple of weeks ago.

This is definitely the best we have and I hope Conte won't experiment any more, nor will these 6 players get any injuries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)