Tactics and Formations (39 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1, the difference is very little. I just hope we implement a formation and all the players become comfortable with it quickly because that's all that matters. You can use a 3-4-3 but if the players know it perfectly you'll have success.

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I'm starting to see the good parts about the 4-4-1-1. Its good both defensively and offensively. Its just too bad that our wingers are not that great. Hopefully we'll get Krasic for the right and maybe Vargas whos good both defensively and offensively for the left flank. Those guys would be perfect for this formation.

Krasic - Marchisio - Melo - Vargas
Diego
Amauri​

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #289
    Lanzafame is good but he needs time to become a reliable starter. Vargas would be good both defensively and offensively on that left flank.
    Why do you insist on using Giovinco but Lanzafame is not ready to become a regular starter? Do you know that Lanzafame was loaned out and co-owned much more than Giovinco has?

Wanting Vargas over Lanzafame is contradicting all your nagging about Giovinco, think about it for a minute or two before you reply.

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    Why do you insist on using Giovinco but Lanzafame is not ready to become a regular starter? Do you know that Lanzafame was loaned out and co-owned much more than Giovinco has?

Wanting Vargas over Lanzafame is contradicting all your nagging about Giovinco, think about it for a minute or two before you reply.
    I actually knew you would ask me that question.

I just find Giovinco as an exceptional talent and he should be given the chance to start. Players like him and Balotelli who's always been considered as top quality talents are so rare and posses so much talent and potential that they should be given the chance to start, if the team is not good enough. But, that doesn't mean that we should keep giving them chances to start if they're not good enough.

gaylord

Jan 22, 2010
    well i'm concerned about the left wing in this 442 then. the winger there will always haf to cut inside since he is right footed.

can't understand we signed Pepe, Martinez and about to sign Krasic, all of them right footed. i'd at least try to get one natural left winger in this squad.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Good point. I suppose DC will be our outlet out left if we want a lefty.

Buffon

Motta - Bonucci - Chiellini - Aogo

Krasic - Sissoko - Marchisio - Pepe

Diego

Amauri

That seems probable, with the exception of Aogo. OK team. I guess it could be worse...

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
    Nov 25, 2006
    Good point. I suppose DC will be our outlet out left if we want a lefty.

Buffon

Motta - Bonucci - Chiellini - Aogo

Krasic - Sissoko - Marchisio - Pepe

Diego

Amauri

That seems probable, with the exception of Aogo. OK team. I guess it could be worse...
    as we have proven quite adequately last year

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    as we have proven quite adequately last year
    We do have a long season ahead of us to screw up, mind you. :D

I just can't get excited with players like Martinez and Pepe. Just a bit too much mediocrity.

Krasic on the other hand would be a step in the right direction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)