Tactics and Formations 09/2010 (16 Viewers)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
We have a lot of problems in our club/team, but from a tactical point of view I think our problems are:

1- THE HUGE number of injured players.

2- We are switching from one formation/strategy to another before adapting to the first. 4-3-1-2, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-1-1, 3-4-1-2.

3- We usually play with TWO DMs and 1 CM and 1 AM. Thats too defensive. Thats fine if we want to defend, but when you ask those players to create and attack things go wrong. They start doing things they do not know how to do well. Being stressed on trying to do them, they stop defending well. Sissoko is a DM, how many times have we seen him in the box or running on the sides?? He is not that kind of player.

4- Playing with a lone striker up front. With our shaky midfield, reducing the number of forwards just puts added pressure and stress to the midfield and defense. We start to loose possession easily, we don't have enough players up @ the opponents area, and it gives the opponent a chance to push forward with everything they've got.

5- Why didn't the "new age" "three dimensional" "entertaining" 4-3-1-2 or 4-2-3-1?? The answer is simple, to make these formation proper the "3" in the former should have more creative ability and crossing capabilities, in addition the Full backs have to be really good. While the "3" in the latter should know how to move around the field properly and alternate places. It also depend on having a proper DMs who know how to pass the ball and hold possession. With Melo's up and down performances and Sissoko's zero ability to "maintain" possession 4-2-3-1 did not work.

6- Why did the boring, 2 dimensional 4-4-2 work better with us. With our "average" full backs, having two dedicated wingers (side midfielders) helped alot. We never played with more than 2 DM/CM, so we always had at least 4 attacking players (2 wingers and 2 forwards). We stuck with this formation for a decent time that the players knew exactly what to do and when to do it. The boring 2 dimensional 4-4-2 was always switching for that to 4-4-1-1 with Del Piero dropping back to help with the setup. In addition, the side midfielders used to drift inwards when Del Piero pushes outwards. These small things are what gave us abit of more creativity in the past.

7- I know many of you might jump on me on this one, but tactically speaking, selling Marcchionni was a shot on the foot. Its not that Marco is such a great player, but last season he played more games than camoranesi for a simple reason that Camo was injured. Selling him without buying an alternative was simply stupid. Thats why getting Candreva was a good move.

8- Melo for Zanetti. This was not a bad in theory. Melo was a promising signing while injury prone Zanetti was not getting younger. Tactically speaking, this left us with only one CM in our squad, i.e. Marchisio (Tiago doesn't count). When Marchisio gets injured we do not have a replacement.

9- Lack of offensive midfielders: Last year we had Nedved, Camoranesi, Marcchionni. This season we have Camoranesi and Deigo.

10- Lack of CBs: We only have 3 CBs in our team, although we should always have 4. If two CBs are injured/suspended we are left with one (The fulham game).

11- Lack of stability in the team. Every since the Calciopoli, Juventus was supposed to go through a rebuild. You really cannot do that when you do not have a stable management. We are changing coaches like sox. Deschamps, an interim coach, Ranieri, Ferrara and Zaccharoni. 5 coaches between August 2006 and January 2010.. 5 coaches in 3.5 years. The only time during these almost 4 years that we have seen improvement was the period under Ranieri, and thats not because he's such an amazing coach, but simply because the team was more or less stable with one coach for two years. First term we got 3rd and CL position, second term we got the knock out stage in the CL (got barely knocked out by Chelsea) and finished 2nd in the league.

In order for us to achieve better results next season, the above points must be addressed seriously.

May 4, 2004
I know some of you (or all of you :D ) won't agree, but whatever.

Buffon

Caceres - Legro - Chiellini - PDC

Candereva - Marchisio - Momo - Giovinco

Trezeguet - Del Piero

I would bench Grosso, Cannavaro, Melo, Diego and Amauri for a while and see how it goes till the team gets results.
For now, this would be a good formation imo.
But i'd play Diego insted of DP. Same position.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Hey you've kept 5 players from our current squad :juventus:
Well, they are the only ones I feel are deserving. Many may complain about "so many new players in the starting eleven", but guess what? OUR STARTING ELEVEN SUCKS BIG TIME! We need change. We need to get back to the roots.

Italian, French players and NOOOOO Brazilianos (no offense). Get rid of the trash and rejuvenate the squad.

OUT, in favor for better players:
F. Melo = hurry the hell away from turin, you mongrel.
Diego = say whaaaat?!
Amauri = shut the fuck up, get the fuck out, biatchhh

Lippi for president, Moggi as sporting chief, Laurent Blanc as coach, and a whole new physics and medic team. Also new scouts to monitor every big talent in the french league especially, but also south america ofcourse.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Well, they are the only ones I feel are deserving. Many may complain about "so many new players in the starting eleven", but guess what? OUR STARTING ELEVEN SUCKS BIG TIME! We need change. We need to get back to the roots.

Italian, French players and NOOOOO Brazilianos (no offense). Get rid of the trash and rejuvenate the squad.

Diego = say whaaaat?!

Lippi for president, Moggi as sporting chief, Laurent Blanc as coach, and a whole new physics and medic team. Also new scouts to monitor every big talent in the french league especially, but also south america ofcourse.
And how do expect us to afford that in one season? This isn't FM you know...

Daddi

Oct 27, 2004
And how do expect us to afford that in one season? This isn't FM you know...
I guess it all depends if we can reach CL or not. I guess it's unrealistic =/
I read somewhere we will have around 50-80m euro to spend, but I guess its much closer to 50m than 80m :)

But if we sell alot of players, I think we could afford it. Thing is, that we have not a good transferguru. I bet Moggi could do it.

Sales / Trades of Amauri, Diego, Trezeguet and Melo. Plus sales of Tiago, Almiron, De Ceglie, Molinaro, Grygera, Salihamidzic etc.

Amauri to Palermo for like 10m, Benzema for that cash, plus another 10m euro.

Diego plus 15m euro for Ribery.

Melo plus 10-12m or just 20-25m for Sagna.

Trezeguet to Bordeaux, if he cant accept a pay cut. For that money, plus alot more to pay for Gourcuff.

Mexes or Kjaer for around 12m euro.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Buffon

Dani Alves - Vidic - Chiellini - Evra

Essien - Xavi

Messi - Iniesta - Giovinco :)D)

Rooney

We should definitely buy those players. Surely Secco can pull this off.

GO SECCO! Make us proud :lol:

Daddi

Oct 27, 2004
That's basically Les Azzurri + Sissoko. You sure you don't want to replace him with say, Toulalan or De Rossi?
I have only seen Toulalan for like 5 games or so. He's good and all, but De Rossi is WC. I would choose him over Toulalan, but its harder than getting Messi.

I really like Sissoko, and if he only need to focus on defending and not going forward and try hard things, he'd stick to easy passes and own the midfield.

Essien would be the only midfielder i would want instead of Sissoko.

Momo is one of my fav players in the club.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Diego = say whaaaat?!

:sergio:

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
4-2-3-1, ppl keep post use this formation. i dream we can play this formation too, we play our best football with this formation this season. But again either Zac or Ferrara don't even give it a try. After change the formation to 3-4-1-2, Zac come back to 4-3-1-2, and it failed since then (Palermo, Siena, Samp, Fulham). Might be the coach see something different than us, that he has to play 4-3-1-2 or just to incorporate DP and use 2 strikers.. If 4-3-1-2 can fail and still get the chance again and again.. why not 4-2-3-1, why Zac must be so stubborn with 4-3-1-2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)