Tactics and Formations 09/2010 (16 Viewers)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Honestly no matter what formation we will continue to suck. The reason is that players are not moving. They literally stand still. Thats why we are predictable.
Why we play slightly better with Marchisio on the field is because he tries to open up spaces by moving.

Our off the ball movement is close to zero... Our team was build to play 4-3-1-2 but if the players do not move correctly (let alone not move at all) without the ball and try to loose their marks we will continue to loose.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Sometimes its not just the formation thats the problem. Because frankly we've seen Juve struggle using the 4-3-1-2, 4-2-3-1 and Zacheroni's 3-5-2 system.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Sometimes its not just the formation thats the problem. Because frankly we've seen Juve struggle using the 4-3-1-2, 4-2-3-1 and Zacheroni's 3-5-2 system.
I agree.

But why not pick the formation we struggled less with by a mile, and see if Zac can maybe fine tune that with 'all his experience'. I'm not saying we'll just be a great team using the 4-2-3-1 but I'm fairly positive it would give us a boost and required movement, due to other players playing ( Giovinco.. ). Especially in the final third, which has been extremely poor.

Diego performs better with players around him, and our DMs have to do less creative work. Also there would be more movement from the flanks, so Mr-I-can-only-score-from-crosses can actually be more useful, as he's been the only fit striker who can play a single striker formation for a while.

I simply don't understand why we don't give it a go, and I'm becoming rather frustrated about it simply because we keep playing people out of position and asking players to do stuff they're not good at.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Iaquinta
Giovinco-Diego-Camoranesi
Melo-Sissoko
Grosso-Chiellini-Cannavaro-Caceres
Buffon

when you see the team like this, it looks pretty darn good. It's just sad we don't have all our players fit and the coach going for it.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Iaquinta is actually the perfect example of a lone striker for this formation. A lone striker should be tall, comfortable with the ball, good target and always running around causing chaos in the penalty area. Vinny has all of that, especially the last one.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Iaquinta is actually the perfect example of a lone striker for this formation. A lone striker should be tall, comfortable with the ball, good target and always running around causing chaos in the penalty area. Vinny has all of that, especially the last one.
correct on all accounts but combined with poor finishing tho. But i'd still put him up as the 1 out of our lot of strikers.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Trez has played pretty well alone up front this season and Vinny hasn't yet had the opportunity. I would go with Trez for now because we need a player up front who can finish but Iaquinta wouldn't be a bad option either.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Both Trezeguet and Iaquinta offer different characteristics in our attack. Trezeguet is a deadly weapon inside the box; he's still our top scorer this season despite the injury. Iaquinta's advantage over the former is that he runs a lot and can be a headache for any defender who is marking him.

We could do with any one of them at the moment.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
he won't go anywhere, this is media bs.
it's not because he looks unhappy after another dismal performance that he wants to leave
what do you expect him to do, sit there laughing while Juve yet again have dropped points?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)