Tactics and Formations 09/2010 (105 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I've read somewhere that Zac are inteded to use a 3-4-3 formation.

With the available player it's damn difficult.
He won't use a 3-4-3, he will have to change his favorite formation to fit Diego in.

The closest formation would have to be a 3-4-1-2, no coach is going to bench Diego. And this formation also has a spot for DP up front.

Alessandro

Sep 13, 2002
He won't use a 3-4-3, he will have to change his favorite formation to fit Diego in.

The closest formation would have to be a 3-4-1-2, no coach is going to bench Diego. And this formation also has a spot for DP up front.
This point is more harmful to Juve that any other fuck happening with our club.
We should think about future, not the past. We have to choose formation suited for Diego, Gio, Melo etc.
With all my respect to Alex, greatest juventino of all time.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I've read somewhere that Zac are inteded to use a 3-4-3 formation.

With the available player it's damn difficult.
It would be damn silly, borderline retarded. The only way for us to use the 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2 would be to use Grosso and Salihamidzic on the wings in midfield who will have the burden of having the flanks all to themselves. For such a formation to work, you need competent wingers and very solid defenders because it's easy to get exposed at the back. Earlier in the decade under Ancelotti we used Pessotto and Zambro on the flanks, which wasn't that bad, but still had some weaknesses. I don't even want to think about using Brazzo and Grosso in those roles. Then we'd have probably Grygera, Canna and Chiellini centrally, which I don't want to think about either.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
It would be damn silly, borderline retarded. The only way for us to use the 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2 would be to use Grosso and Salihamidzic on the wings in midfield who will have the burden of having the flanks all to themselves. For such a formation to work, you need competent wingers and very solid defenders because it's easy to get exposed at the back. Earlier in the decade under Ancelotti we used Pessotto and Zambro on the flanks, which wasn't that bad, but still had some weaknesses. I don't even want to think about using Brazzo and Grosso in those roles. Then we'd have probably Grygera, Canna and Chiellini centrally, which I don't want to think about either.
Used it under Lippi with zambrotta and either biri or pessoto as well. Worked very well too.

I liked 3 man defenses but agree with you completely you need 3 very good CBs and better than average, pacey wingers/wing backs to play it. You also need defenders who can pass the ball. We don't have any of those.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
It just wont suit us...maybe a chiellini, cannavaro and caceres 3 man defence would work well, and grosso/DC would be ok on the left. But the right side we would suffer..Brazzo is shit, Camo cant play it...Marchisio can play on the right in a more rigid formation...but not take the whole wing.

However, if he did implement it, i think it would look something like this.

------------------buffon

------legro------canna---chiellini-----

caceres-----melo/Marchisio-----sissoko------grosso

-------------------diego----DP/Gio
------------------------striker

the 3 upfront would be diego and one of DP or Gio in an advanced role to link up with him.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
These formations are rather.. crap. I really hope he doesn't opt for a 3 man defense. The way we'll have to play, with the wide players in the line of 4, it'll be like a 5 man defense.

Oh the joy..

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We have Grosso, Sali, Grygera, De Ceglie and Caceres! God help us all if we are to deploy a 3 man defense. I don't want to see any of these clowns attempting to launch an attack from the wings!!! :eek:

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
The two weakest links in Juventus right now are the two fullbacks......I am sick and tired of their incapability to do anything else except pass the ball along the line the second they get it. I mean, no football knowledge, no composure, no crosses.....in fact, they do not posses one single atribute which makes a fullback, fullback...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I've had some disagreements with folk about what constitutes 'good football' and I thought this was quite a good piece on it:

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/2010/02/what-is-good-football-to-you.html

Marcotti sums up my position quite well:

"Good football" has to be a means to an end, otherwise it's pointless football. "Good football" to me means essentially "execution". Do you have a game plan, do you execute that game plan well and does it bring results? If the answer is "yes" then your football is "good".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 104)