Tactics and Formations 09/2010 (121 Viewers)

Jan 15, 2010
What do you mean a custom? These are professional players; they should be able to adapt to any formation. We can't keep playing 4-4-2 just because we are used to it.
As main formation, this should be our first plan. Other plans are good to use in some cases, like 4 3 3 , fantastic one and Ranieri used in few games and Juve was scary on those games.

4 4 2 is very good plan and it can be as classic 4 2 2 (wings) 2 (Forwards) and can be played as 4 2 1 (wing) 1 (Play maker) 2 (forwards).

Jan 15, 2010
I am using your logic about professionality this time, I think Diego should adopt himself with the plan :lol: .. just kidding, well, even with 4 4 2 still diego can play on the left and sometimes go to center behind the forwards during the game, so he will not be 100% wing or 100% behind the forwards, but for sure he will be play maker in both cases :smile:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Watching Diego come get the ball in defense is so frustrating. We have no one that can pass from the midfield to the forwards. Not a single player on our roster? Holy shit.

I keep waiting for Diego to come get the ball from Chiellini, kick it really high in the air up front, and run under it for himself.

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
4-4-2

-------------1-------------
2/15----5/33---3-----6/29
--------8------22/4-------
-16/7----------------------
--------------------20/29--
-----------28/10----------
----------------9/27/11/17

Camo/Brazzo would play out wide while Marchisio acts as an DM/CM with Melo/Sissoko as strict DM... Giovinco/De Ceglie would play as attacking LM supporting Diego/Del Piero who would be in CF/SS position feeding whatever striker we have available..

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I assume this is how we will play under Zacch

Buffon
Caceres Cannavaro Chiellini
Candreva Momo Melo Giovinco
Diego
Amauri Del Piero​

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
The only possible formation we can field with 3 defenders and decent defensive coverage, is a 3-5-2 with two advanced and spacey fullbacks (Grossa/DC, Caceres/Salih) playing at the same line with two DMs.

Considering our lack of offensive options, atm though, it could be as well be a 3-6-1, or a 3-4-2-1. So dont be surprised if you see any of these formations.
We dont have quality material at the defense and we have an abundance of midfielders, so we have the material to support these formations.

As for their effectiveness. We are not going to fly high anyway, our season is already wasted, all we need is to start winning the odd games.

This formation are largely considered risky, but if they are combined with a proper tactical plan, they can be more effective that our current... status...

nabulio

Jan 31, 2008
I assume this is how we will play under Zacch

Buffon
Caceres Cannavaro Chiellini
Candreva Momo Melo Giovinco
Diego
Amauri Del Piero​
honestly, i hope You are wrong.

maybe I´m wrong too, but the only formation, that seemed to work for us was 4-2-3-1, we played solid matches both defensively and offensively. ň

right now we don´t have camo and gio, but that is why we should use some youngsters, like yago, rossi. what are we afraid of? more defeats?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 119)