Tactics and Formations 09/2010 (134 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I like the 4-2-3-1.

Is there a need for a Deep lying play maker in this formation though for it to truly work?
Not necessarily, as long as the central midfielders can complete passes and not give the ball away. Even if they don't have much creativity, they could get by on just getting the ball to where it needs to go -- the attacking trio in front of them.

Of course, it would be nice to have a Xabi Alonso out there sending the ball wide. But if you have players there that make simple passes and have some drive, I think it could work.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Sissoko and Marchisio would be perfect for the 4 2 3 1, the latter could link up well with the attackers. His short range and long range passes are getting better, he's turning out to be our midfield engine. And that pass to Trezeguet against Bayern, just splendid.

I'm just very happy we have a player like him. He's truly fulfilling his potential. Truly a force to be reckon with.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Marchisio is such a quality player, he's getting better and better all the time. I said it at the start of the season, it would be a crime if he didn't start at the WC. Me thinks he has potential to be one of Europes best midfielders.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
in reality, with the team we have the way forward is

the
4-2-3-1

or the 4-4-2 diamond.

and :tup: about marchisio always thought he had what it takes

Alessandro

Sep 13, 2002
_________Gio_____Iaquinta______
_____________Diego____________
______Marchisio_____Melo________
_____________Momo____________
Grosso__Chielini__Canna__Caceres

Without Gio or Diego (or in rotation purposes) attacking trio converts from 1-2 to 2-1 e.g. Gio/Diego-Camo behind lone striker Iaquinta.

Btw what is Poulsen role in national team?

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
So...

Sissoko

Camo --------------------- Giovinco

Diego

Midfield will get stretched. Too attacking. Diego will have to come back to help defend and get the ball.

Nope.
Well, I didn't mean the diamond. But something worse :)

---------------Sissoko----------------

Camo---------Diego----------Marchisio (Gio)----

---------Trez----------Iaq----------

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
We've tried different kind of formations this season so far why not try the tree formation ?

-----sissoko-------------------Poulsen--------------------Marchisio----------

-------------------------Diego-------------------Gio (Camo)-------------------------

----------------------------------Amauri (trez)--------------------------

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
We should definitely just go back for the 4-4-2 and give up on the 4-3-2-1 formation becasue we don't have the right players to make this 4-3-2-1 formation work. We need excellent full backs with alot of pace and capable of covering a lot of of space in short time. Caceres has been amazing playing the full back positios because he has the tools and this formation allow him to show his value. Also melo can be DM next to marchisio so he doesn't have to be a play maker and distributing the ball and spreading the field. Our best formation would be our old one. Diego definitely need to have a player with talent on the ball like gio reight next to him, because they can feed of each other.

Buffon
Caceres Cannavaro Chiellini Grosso

Melo Marchsio
Diego Giovinco

amauri Trezequet​

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Sure we do have the right players for the 4-3-2-1

Buffon

Caceres - Canna - Chiellini - Grosso

Melo - Poulsen - Marchisio

Diego - Giovinco

TrezeGOAL​

No?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 132)