Tactics and Formations 09/2010 (137 Viewers)

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
It's a matter of making Del Piero adapt to a formation that suits the team or change the formation to accommodate Del Piero.

Btw, would it really be that crazy if Del Piero played as a lone striker in a 4-2-3-1? Sure, he's not a target like Amauri but we've played Trezeguet upfront and believe me, Del Piero is a better target man than Trezeguet. Seeing Del Piero, Giovinco, Diego and Camo running that offense would make anyone jizz their pants.
First you insist on playing 4-2-3-1 at all costs and now you sugest to play Del Piero as a lone striker... I think we all already know who you are, Mr. Spalletti! How is the weather in Russia?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
When Del Piero plays I'm sure we'll see a 4-3-1-2 or maybe kind of a 4-3-2-1 with Diego and Del Piero supporting the prima punta. So Camo or whoever will play a bit deeper (which is fine because Camo does well in that position too).

What's great is that we have different options. Don't get stuck on one formation and keeping it no matter what. We need to be able to adjust the formation depending on the opposition so our opponents never know what to expect. With Ranieri they knew we were going to play 4-4-2 99% of the time.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Is it being reported that we will play a 4312? :sergio:

We need to worry more about the formation that is best for the team, not what is best for del piero.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Is it being reported that we will play a 4312? :sergio:

We need to worry more about the formation that is best for the team, not what is best for del piero.
that maybe because we've lost momo but we've gotten tiago back so the dynamic of the payers in the team for this game may not favour the 4-2-3-1. Also we have a very improtant CL game coming up. maybe ciro is thinking about resting gio & camo for that? :confused:

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
that maybe because we've lost momo but we've gotten tiago back so the dynamic of the payers in the team for this game may not favour the 4-2-3-1. Also we have a very improtant CL game coming up. maybe ciro is thinking about resting gio & camo for that? :confused:
Hellz no, no resting. These guys are professionals and they should handle 2 games in a week.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Gio has rested enough as it is, no need to bench his just now...and Camo looks a lot happier recently, I would take maximum advantage of his positive performances

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
What is going to happen when DP returns? I am pretty sure he will start but it seems as Gio cant play in that case:

----------DP--------Amauri/Trez-------
----------------Diego--------------------
-------------Melo--Momo--Camo-------

For now, till Momo is injured we can play Gio and play 3 upfront, but that could be suicidal also.
But when Momo is back, i dont see where will Gio enter. Sure we will probably have enough injures again, but still.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
With all players fit. 4-3-1-2 is a very strong formation.

Buffon
Zebina Cannavaro Chiellini Grosso
Camoranesi Sissoko Marchisio
Diego
Amauri Del Piero​

The rotation would go like this:
For the CB: Legro will rotate with Canna and Chiellini
The DM: Melo with Sissoko
The CM/LM: De Cegli with Marchisio
On the RM: if Camo needs rest some formational adjustments can be done and we may play 4-3-2-1 instead with Del Piero/ Diego behind a striker
on the OM: Its Diego's place, but Del Piero can play there well as well.
SS: Del Piero, if he is not starting there is no point in playing 4-3-1-2. Switch to 4-2-3-1.
Striker: Iaquinta/Amaur/Trezeguet

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
4-2-3-1 is far more superior. I've never seen Juve create so many chances in such a long time.

DP can be used in the left wing position in place of Giovinco or even in place of Diego.

DP can play anywhere in the 3-1 part of the pitch really.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:rofl: Sorry Ahmed, but I beg to differ. We are a team, and Alex is part of the team. As it stands, he is injured, and he has to earn his place back. It's only fair on him, and for the other members of the squad ;)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
earn his place in the side? HAH!

I guarantee you, the 4-2-3-1 will look like dogshit once we get Camo-Diego-Ale working in a 4-3-1-2...it will be champagne football at its finest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 135)