Tactics and Formations 09/2010 (138 Viewers)

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
the 4-3-1-2 sure brought us many goal chances in the peace cup...the creativity was close to full potential, and we linked preety good.. i liked it a lot...we weren't caught on the counter attack either..and we didn't suffered when the opposite team had continous possesion. The only thing i disliked was the set pieces..and when i speak about this the imagine of zebina tryin to clear that ball away (and aston's player run in john's elbow) in the ET with aston villa. The defence needs to practice and focus more. Oh and giovinco can't play trequartista...and del piero must not be started a trequartista only if diego is missing imo .

Buy on AliExpress.com

whateverr

Jun 16, 2009
I agree some of the clearances were terrible but I believe we are quite strong in set pieces...possibly due to the height of our players rather than any obvious skill. The thing I like most about the system is the fact that we keep possession and control the game more. Gone are the days of the long balls...

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
I agree some of the clearances were terrible but I believe we are quite strong in set pieces...possibly due to the height of our players rather than any obvious skill. The thing I like most about the system is the fact that we keep possession and control the game more. Gone are the days of the long balls...
i don't mind some long balls from melo, zanetti or camo....nah..not at all :p

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Marceℓℓo;2093045 said:
I for one think that he should play on the left wing in a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1.
Yea i think he'll do better if he plays like so...but he needs to work on his F.K as i love to see one of his trademarks anytime soon :tup:

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Giovinco didn't play virtually all last season in that position, he's gotta relearn it a bit. And he's still young and inexperienced, he's a player that needs a lot of minutes there, even if he is inconsistent and underwhelming sometimes.

Gotte

Mar 21, 2009
Marceℓℓo;2093045 said:
Well,he can.He always failed to impress when playing as a trequartista at Juventus though as far as I remember.

I for one think that he should play on the left wing in a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1.
Maybe, but his "real" position is trequaratista and also left wing in an offensive formation as far as I know. When did failed to impress as a trequaratista? Not many games so far in that position. Against Real I think he did a good performance. He's a perfect substituter for Diego IMO.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
True that, main thing is he should just play. Get continuity.

Games I think you could say he really played Trequartista last season was Palermo loss of first half, he was bad that game, like whole team/attack, mainly because our midfield sucked and didnt give any balls to our offence at all. Then played that role against Bologna in march (MANY months inbetween), where he had a great game. Since then basically not played that role up and until this pre-season.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Maybe, but his "real" position is trequaratista and also left wing in an offensive formation as far as I know. When did failed to impress as a trequaratista? Not many games so far in that position. Against Real I think he did a good performance. He's a perfect substituter for Diego IMO.
Who said that his "real" position is trequartista though?

The very few times he played as a trequartista(Palermo,Real,Aston...)he often just disappears for a large part of the game.

Anyway,Forza Myself.And Giovinco.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
True that, main thing is he should just play. Get continuity.

Games I think you could say he really played Trequartista last season was Palermo loss of first half, he was bad that game, like whole team/attack, mainly because our midfield sucked and didnt give any balls to our offence at all. Then played that role against Bologna in march (MANY months inbetween), where he had a great game. Since then basically not played that role up and until this pre-season.
Against Bologna he played on the flank instead of Nedved.

Gotte

Mar 21, 2009
Marceℓℓo;2093066 said:
Who said that his "real" position is trequartista though?

The very few times he played as a trequartista(Palermo,Real,Aston...)he often just disappears for a large part of the game.

Anyway,Forza Myself.And Giovinco.
Hehehe. As a I said I think Gio was great against Real. Anyway, we can't make conclusions already. He have just made a few performance as a trequaratista.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
So our main formation probably will be 4312, i dont wanna talk about LB problem,i hope DC will get it and and kick ass, and fellas what do u think about our midfield situation - Sissoko, Diego, Melo, Camoranesi is 1st choice anyway, but Tiago, Marchisio e Zanetti will be benched 70% games of this season or not?!

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I think we won't see much of Momo+ Melo playing together in the same lineup. Majority of our games (in the league) will be played against weaker teams which i think ferrara will field a more attacking formation in these games.

My guess is we'll see lots of Camo - Tiago - Melo/sissoko next season (with the others being backups). We'll probably play with both Melo and Sissoko in the europe or against the more attacking teams out there.

What i like about ferrara is that he seems to have a clear plan in he's head. He likes to take risks at times which is always great. He'll likely to have the same formation playing most of the games next season with a bit of changes every now and then.

PS: Thank god ranieri is out of this club .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 137)