Tactics and Formations 09/2010 (102 Viewers)

David01

Aug 20, 2006
in a 4-2-3-1 you can't really speak of wingers
this would suit DP much better then a 4-3-3
DP would play a different kind of left AM then Gio
nothing wrong with this tactic, all depends on what Ferrara evpects his players to do individually
that goes for virtually every tactic

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
What? LM is De Ceglie's main position.
He sucks as LM. He just runs and doesn't really have the skill to beat his opponents. I mean, he has this thing where he looks down and just runs straight forward with the ball. He could be the perfect LB in the future but he is not good enough to be a LM for Juventus.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He sucks as LM. He just runs and doesn't really have the skill to beat his opponents. I mean, he has this thing where he looks down and just runs straight forward with the ball. He could be the perfect LB in the future but he is not good enough to be a LM for Juventus.
He does not "suck" at left-midfield. That's his natural position and he does have the pace to cause trouble. Whenever he got down the flank last season I liked what he saw, along with the crosses. He can put a decent ball into the box for us.

Even though we probably won't be playing with midfield wingers very often we should still have a few in the team just in case we need more flank presence. Salihamidzic, De Ceglie and Camo should be enough, along with Seba if we need an attacker.

Having a player who can play two, perhaps even three positions on the left side of the field is useful option to have. Lets not deny that here.

I haven't seen enough of him at the Azzurrini level to judge him in a central left role though.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #508
    This could very well be our formation, but I still think Mauro will be a starter under Ciro.

Buffon
    Zebina - Cannavaro - Chiellini - Molinaro
    Sissoko​
    Melo - Marchisio
    Diego
    Iaquinta - Del Piero​

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    I believe we'll play a 4-2-3-1 with Momo-Melo to close the lights with Camo-Diego-DP to make some magic.

We can also use the 4-3-1-2 with Momo on the right next to Melo and Claudio on the left. No Camo in this one. I don't see Momo play on the left of a 3 men mid. I think he's more comfortable going right in both formations.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #512
    It's all about Camoranesi I think. If he plays, then all cards are mixed. If he's not in Ciro's 1st 11, then it's a bit more predictable.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    If we play 4-2-3-1 Gio must start. He can offer a lot more than Del Piero as a left sided attacker in that trident; moreover, Del Piero himself stated that he hates playing in that role, not to mention that he is too slow for it.

Hence, I believe we will play 4-3-1-2.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    Itll take a good manager to balance out these formations. I really hope we dont get stuck with one or the other rather we get to sensibly rotate them based on condition, opposition and most of all without unsettling the rhythm the players become accustomed to which of course naturally they will. Forza Ciro lets see some tactical espionage ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 101)