Tactics and Formations 09/2010 (83 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
i don't think fullbacks have much to do with winning or loosing scudetto, of course if they are not team leaders like maicon. but i have no problem's with Molinaro, if he keeps it solid defensively like most of the last season, i'd definetly be more worried about DC as our first choice.
Of course they do, especially with the system we are going to deploy. Diego will provide the creativity through the centre, but we need fullbacks/wingbacks with lungs and direction; wingbacks/fullbacks who can cross and assist the offense, rather than hamper our offensive plays.

Moreover, wingbacks/fullbacks not only greatly contribute to a scudetto winning side, they could also be the difference between victory and defeat if they are too naive, or left exposed, allowing the opposition to take advantage of the spaces on a particular flank and exploit them to maximum effect. Ultimately lost games may lead to a lost Scudetto.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Yes, but he is horrible going forward, and we will need a LB that can actually assist our offense next season, as well as defend, otherwise we are going to be too predictable and one-dimensional going forward.

We can't afford to run all our plays thru Diego in the centre; in a 4-2-3-1, Gio and Camo can provide the width, but in a 4-3-1-2, where will the width come from? Zebina can be good going forward, but will he hold out for a full season? That is why it is imperative that we get a quality LB with both attacking and defensive qualities.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Btw, I am not undermining the "importance" of Molinaro's defensive work; however, trying hard and running all over the pitch are not sufficient qualities to be a Juve Player! Moli is a good starter for a team like Siena or Cagliari, but not for a team of Juve's caliber, not until he develops a skill set that includes the ability to cross.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Btw, I am not undermining the "importance" of Molinaro's defensive work; however, trying hard and running all over the pitch are not sufficient qualities to be a Juve Player! Moli is a good starter for a team like Siena or Cagliari, but not for a team of Juve's caliber, not until he develops a skill set that includes the ability to cross.
Indeed, but we all know Molinaro doesn't have the natural talent to be a good attacking fullback, so lets eliminate that silly ass bitch, even if just out of spite.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Giovinco out Marchisio in.

Marchisio is fucking amazing.
:shifty: :andyandbarcelona: Marchisio is indeed a very good player, but in that formation Giovinco is far more significant. Actually, forget about that formation, but in a 4-2-3-1 Camo and Gio are essential. They are the only two players in our team who can play to the right and left of Diego respectively in that kind of setup. Iaquinta sucks as a winger, Del Piero hates playing in those positions, Sali isn't good enough to play that far up front, and both Amauri and Trez are pure strikers, even if Amauri can drop a little bit deeper to create his own chances.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I do not think that we will play with 1 forward.
Actually, depending on the situation and circumstances, we could. We cannot afford to stick to one formation throughout the whole season; we need to be flexible, and with the wealth of attacking talent, not to mention midfield solidity we possess (with the arrival of Melo of course), it would be criminal not to rotate players and adjust formations accordingly.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Look at the quality in the defence compared to ours and how much more defensive work those wingers did than Del Piero and Giovinco would/could do.

We are not suited to that system because we have lots of strikers and not many wingers.
Well i'd say the only place were France 2006 are much more solid is left flank, Camoranesi-Zebina is pretty much the same as Ribery-Sagnol, also the CD is comparable. Sure Abidal is better than Molinaro (but since Moli is injured we probably will add a new LB) and Malouda is more solid defensively than Giovinco. but i'd like to think that Buffon in goal can be way better than Barthez and Melo together with Sissoko can cover more space than Viera and Makelele could, so it is kinda balanced, as in some positions we are better.

But yes, we probably won't play that system if the trio of Trez, Amauri and Iaq is here, which is kinda annoying for me atleast, since i can't see how all three of them can be useful if Del Piero is again going to carry the team (which i predict) and Giovinco will demand more playing time with good performances (i really feare that he could be robbed again).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)