Tactics and Formations 09/2010 (92 Viewers)

Mar 30, 2006
Ferrara has alredy said that we will play a 4-3-1-2
I want Rossi but I dont think we will get him this summer. Maybe he can be our big buy next summer?

But I am hoepful over D'Ago playing a part in the 4312 next season:

-------------------Buffon------------------

RB-------Canna-----Chiellini-------LB/Moli

----Sissoko-----D'Agostino---Marchisio

-------------------Diego---------------------

----------Amauri/IQ------------Del Piero/Gio-------

Do you guys think that this team would be strong enough to win the league next season. We really only need to be better than Inter because Milan will take a while to rebuild and Roma were pretty bad last season.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Buffon

NS (Gyrgera) - Cannavaro (Melberg) - Chiellini (Legro) - NS (Molinaro)
Camoranesi (Marchionni) - Sissoko (Zanetti) - Marchisio (DC)
Diego (Giovinco)
Amauri (Trez) - Del Piero (Iaquinta)​

NS = New Signing

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Buffon

NS (Gyrgera) - Cannavaro (Melberg) - Chiellini (Legro) - NS (Molinaro)
Camoranesi (Marchionni) - Sissoko (Zanetti) - Marchisio (DC)
Diego (Giovinco)
Amauri (Trez) - Del Piero (Iaquinta)​

NS = New Signing
Now thats exactly, what i was expecting to see:tup:
I also expect one of Poulsen/Tiago as an option too...

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I want Rossi but I dont think we will get him this summer. Maybe he can be our big buy next summer?

But I am hoepful over D'Ago playing a part in the 4312 next season:

-------------------Buffon------------------

RB-------Canna-----Chiellini-------LB/Moli

----Sissoko-----D'Agostino---Marchisio

-------------------Diego---------------------

----------Amauri/IQ------------Del Piero/Gio-------

Do you guys think that this team would be strong enough to win the league next season. We really only need to be better than Inter because Milan will take a while to rebuild and Roma were pretty bad last season.
Probably not. Inter are stronger, and are continuing to strengthen their squad. Only after we have settled on who we are set to acquire to take up the RB and LB slots as starters can we decide on whether we are strong enough to mount a challenege. Fullbacks are very important in the modern game (and particularly if we are going to play 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-2-1), and if we are looking at a quartet of Zebina/Grygera/Grosso/Molinaro, then I fear we stand no chance against Inter, as that quartet is simply not good enough to challenege on all fronts and compete at the highest level, due to a combination of inconsistency, being suspect defensively and/or offensively, as well as injury concerns.

I also have doubts about our CB pairing of Chiellini and Canna/Legro. The Azzurri have not impressed at all lately, and these 3 players have been the ones marshalling the defence in the most recent encounters, namely the narrow 4-3 victory over New Zeland (how is it possible to concede 3 against NZ, unless you are Fiji or something; and please don't blame it all on Amelia; the defense has a part to play in those goals as well), and the 1-0 setback against Egypt.

In short, I believe our current defensive set-up will cost us some games next season, games which might potentially cost us the Serie A title, and lead to a QF elimination in the CL (unless we get an English team, Barca, or Madrid in the 2nd round of the CL, which would obviously entail elimination at an earlier stage).

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
omg why arent any one of u putting giovinco in the 1st team for next season????? i really think that juventus should stop looking for playmakers because we already have diego. AND with diego around, it is already quite doubtful for giovinco to play on the same formation with him. if we get another playmaker, it would even be harder to see giovinco playing often!....

unless ferrera thinks that juve can play the barca 4-3-3 with more than 1 playmakers in the formation, i don't think we should continue looking for playmakers. besides, our favourite Del Piero can't play in a 4-3-3 formation, he is too slow for the wing....

UNLESS agostino is happy with being a subtitute playmaker

we should just start looking for fullbacks and defenders right now!!!!!!

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
Probably not. Inter are stronger, and are continuing to strengthen their squad. Only after we have settled on who we are set to acquire to take up the RB and LB slots as starters can we decide on whether we are strong enough to mount a challenege. Fullbacks are very important in the modern game (and particularly if we are going to play 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-2-1), and if we are looking at a quartet of Zebina/Grygera/Grosso/Molinaro, then I fear we stand no chance against Inter, as that quartet is simply not good enough to challenege on all fronts and compete at the highest level, due to a combination of inconsistency, being suspect defensively and/or offensively, as well as injury concerns.

I also have doubts about our CB pairing of Chiellini and Canna/Legro. The Azzurri have not impressed at all lately, and these 3 players have been the ones marshalling the defence in the most recent encounters, namely the narrow 4-3 victory over New Zeland (how is it possible to concede 3 against NZ, unless you are Fiji or something; and please don't blame it all on Amelia; the defense has a part to play in those goals as well), and the 1-0 setback against Egypt.

In short, I believe our current defensive set-up will cost us some games next season, games which might potentially cost us the Serie A title, and lead to a QF elimination in the CL (unless we get an English team, Barca, or Madrid in the 2nd round of the CL, which would obviously entail elimination at an earlier stage).

well said man....we really should focus on buying fullbacks and defenders....that area is really our biggest problem last season.....a team with gygera and moli as fullbacks will never win the champs league. IF we can get any CB from a top English club, it would be nice.

Just look at Melberg, he is an ageing player from a low english club. BUT, he managed to perform decently for Juventus is Serie A. So if we can get a CB from the English top clubs, then it would really be a good purchase.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I didn't watch the game because I was at work, but I was under the impression that in that 4-3 win over New Zealand, Legro was the only Juve D-man that played - and he was with Dossena, Gamberini, and Santon - so there wasn't a whole lot of familiarity. No Chiello and No Canna... and not even Grosso. The ESPN match report is telling me that eventually Zambrotta came on for Santon in the 66th min. Throw that game out the window, because that was a test run of the squad players for Lippi.

The D really hasn't been that bad lately for the Azzurri. De Rossi lost his mark in that Egypt game on a set piece goal, and Chiello conceded the PK against the USA. They didn't concede from open play in either match.

I'm not saying that we don't need upgrades at both fullback slots - that's always been extremely apparent - as is the fact that Canna is not an ideal CB for us at this point in his career.

You're right to have doubts, but it's possible that with Chiello, Canna, Grosso, a proper RB (which is starting to look like wishful thinking), Gigi in goal, and Sissoko locking it down, we could have a fairly difficult team to score on next year. We also should be able to put the ball in the net with great regularity. I guess time will tell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)