tacchinardi slams capello (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
Tacchinardi: "Real Madrid Is Playing Badly; Capello’s Got It All Wrong”

Villarreal’s Italian midfielder Alessio Tacchinardi has slammed Real Madrid Coach and compatriot Fabio Capello. In declarations to Madrid-based sports daily 'As’ (Ace), Tacchinardi blames Capello for bringing the defensive football that worked so well in Italy to a Spain that values an attacking game more than the tactician’s evolved catenaccio.

"Capello play’s that way [with a strong defensive mentality taking priority over the urge to push forward], and I, personally, don’t like it. Maybe he’s won things and is a winner of sorts, but it’s easy to win things with an all-star cast. Let’s see what he does with this team, but from what I’ve seen of Real Madrid so far they play really badly", jabbed the ex-Juve man.

“It seems to me that he’s not all that hot as a Coach, but he’s always played that way. Here he’s going to get it all wrong because the fans in Spain demand attacking football – they want to see their team go out onto the pitch and really hunt down victories through attractive attacking play", added the player, coinciding with recent comments made by Alessandro Del Piero in Italy.

It could be argued that both have suffered from Capello’s preference for other players and that their comments are nothing more than sour grapes. At Juventus Capello made it clear that he wasn’t a fan of either midfielder’s performances; Del Piero sticking it out at the Vecchia Signora, but Tacchinardi opting for a transfer to Villarreal in search of playing time as Emerson took his place at the Delli Alpi.

"This Madrid will win most of their victories by 1-0 or will get goalless draws because their Coach has got that mentality: you can attack, but you always have to defend in mass before. Capello is like that and won’t ever change. It reflects the Italian football mentality which prizes not receiving goals more than scoring them and, in my opinion, that’s not going to work in Spain", he added.http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=118298

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juve-Skopje

Aug 13, 2006
serfaraaz said:
Tacchinardi: "Real Madrid Is Playing Badly; Capello’s Got It All Wrong”

Villarreal’s Italian midfielder Alessio Tacchinardi has slammed Real Madrid Coach and compatriot Fabio Capello. In declarations to Madrid-based sports daily ‘As’ (Ace), Tacchinardi blames Capello for bringing the defensive football that worked so well in Italy to a Spain that values an attacking game more than the tactician’s evolved catenaccio.

"Capello play’s that way [with a strong defensive mentality taking priority over the urge to push forward], and I, personally, don’t like it. Maybe he’s won things and is a winner of sorts, but it’s easy to win things with an all-star cast. Let’s see what he does with this team, but from what I’ve seen of Real Madrid so far they play really badly", jabbed the ex-Juve man.

“It seems to me that he’s not all that hot as a Coach, but he’s always played that way. Here he’s going to get it all wrong because the fans in Spain demand attacking football – they want to see their team go out onto the pitch and really hunt down victories through attractive attacking play", added the player, coinciding with recent comments made by Alessandro Del Piero in Italy.

It could be argued that both have suffered from Capello’s preference for other players and that their comments are nothing more than sour grapes. At Juventus Capello made it clear that he wasn’t a fan of either midfielder’s performances; Del Piero sticking it out at the Vecchia Signora, but Tacchinardi opting for a transfer to Villarreal in search of playing time as Emerson took his place at the Delli Alpi.

"This Madrid will win most of their victories by 1-0 or will get goalless draws because their Coach has got that mentality: you can attack, but you always have to defend in mass before. Capello is like that and won’t ever change. It reflects the Italian football mentality which prizes not receiving goals more than scoring them and, in my opinion, that’s not going to work in Spain", he added.http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=118298
:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)