Tacchinardi and Trezeguet to sign new contracts (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Trez to sign Juve deal
Friday 23 January, 2004

David Trezeguet is expected to extend his contract with Juventus according to reports. Alessio Tacchinardi is set to do the same.

Trezeguet’s future in Turin has been a constant source of speculation for months as talks over a new agreement failed to get off the ground.

His current deal expires in 2005 and his request for a pay rise was believed to be a major stumbling block.

However, it is being suggested today that a compromise will be reached that will see the striker stay with the club until 2008.

Trezeguet, a target for Chelsea, Arsenal and Barcelona, is set to see his £1m a year salary increased to £1.7m, with additional bonus-related payments.

Meanwhile, teammate Tacchinardi is also believed to be close to prolonging his Juventus career.

He was signed by the Stadio Delle Alpi side in 1994 as a 20-year-old and has been a loyal servant ever since.

His present contract expires in 2005 but the Bianconeri are ready to offer him a new one until 2009.

That would probably see the former Atalanta player end his career with the club given the fact that he will be 34 by then.

Buy on AliExpress.com

venom

Oct 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
oh btw wat about buffon's contract and thuram , can some1 pleas tell me?
Don't remember Buffon's one (but I think it's as long as Thuram's) and Thuram's got paper 'til -06. I think he's said that he could retire -06 and wants to see the current contract out. Someone confirm?

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    They both signed 5 year contracts (5 years is the max. permitted lenght) when they joined and that was in 2001, so they both have contracts until 2006.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    yeay tacchi!! :extatic:....glad to hear trez saga is finally over.....(even tho some of u are not happy :p @least he's not raking in 6mil a year ;))

Aug 1, 2003
    Trezeguet set to sign new deal

ROME: Italian champions Juventus say they are close to agreeing a new deal with David Trezeguet which will keep the France striker at the club until June 2008.
    "We can wrap everything up within a month. There are no major obstacles," Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi told Gazzetta dello Sport.
    The 26-year-old said earlier this month he would walk out on Juventus if his pay demands were not met- he is on 1.5 million euros a year compared to Alessandro Del Piero's six million euro tax-free.
    His current contract runs to June 2005.
    Trezeguet has been at Juventus since the 2000/01 season and was top scorer in the league with 24 goals in he 2001/02 campaign. -AFP

-------------

I'm happy for both Trezeguet and Tacchinardi!

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    so what's now huh?????
    eat your words Trezeguet's bashers. He didn't just score goals today, he did other things too and he was the most dangerous player in Juve today... so eat your words!
    good about tacchi too

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by JuveCampione ] ++
    so what's now huh?????
    eat your words Trezeguet's bashers. He didn't just score goals today, he did other things too and he was the most dangerous player in Juve today... so eat your words!
    good about tacchi too
    :LOL:, my words taste good...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)