Syrian civil war (5 Viewers)

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Not a lot obviously.
Bombings without a ground attack or at least an ally with a ground force are pointless. The only time I can remember whe thwy worked was against Mulosevic, but that was a total fluke. He was nowhere near as crazy as these guys and Eltsin tricked him into surrendering.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
you nerds. trump had little to no saying in this attack. he only had to approve it.

that said I think the attack might have a positive influence on thw hole west vs putin conflict.

i mean syria and the middle east is just :lel2: in this matter

proxy proxy proxy

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Bombings without a ground attack or at least an ally with a ground force are pointless. The only time I can remember whe thwy worked was against Mulosevic, but that was a total fluke. He was nowhere near as crazy as these guys and Eltsin tricked him into surrendering.
I agree. Point wasn't for or against the strategy. Just that the executive branch has had an idea to drop bombs for a while.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Japan surrendered six days after the bombing of Nagasaki.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I dont think enron meant obama should have nuked syria.
Of course not. But my point is that what you're saying is way too big of a generalisation. Bombs can have the desired effect at times, even without the presence of ground forces. And to be honest it's pretty easy to see why one would prefer bombs over a costly and probably highly criticized invasion.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
no.

and the attack is a message/warning: "use chemical weapons [again] and we will destroy your military infrastructure, and then you'll never regain power of Syria".

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Of course not. But my point is that what you're saying is way too big of a generalisation. Bombs can have the desired effect at times, even without the presence of ground forces. And to be honest it's pretty easy to see why one would prefer bombs over a costly and probably highly criticized invasion.
Bombing Assad cannot have the desired effect, unless the desired effect is ISIS to take control of the country.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Bombing Assad cannot have the desired effect, unless the desired effect is ISIS to take control of the country.
no.

isis is in a appaling state. they are loosing to a shitty iraqi army and kurdish lolsoldiers. this is exactly why isis are so desperate regarding attacks in europe. they are on a downfall.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
No it's not. He's the least secure president ever. Not to mention the dumbest. Though it does make for a laugh. Hopefully we get a Kushner v Bannon death match in a couple of month when his approval rating drops again.
Coulter v Kellyann would be my celebrity death match first choice :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)