Syrian civil war (9 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I'm not disputing that nor am I suprised. But he sounded suprised aircrafts who are there to bomb and kill get taken out themselves.

And good luck trying to make groups you have complete firepower superiority to, to adhere to your specific standards of when to kill or not to kill. Especially since this isnt military vs military warfare. Just an ever changing scene of proxy wars.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm not disputing that nor am I suprised. But he sounded suprised aircrafts who are there to bomb and kill get taken out themselves.

And good luck trying to make groups you have complete firepower superiority to, to adhere to your specific standards of when to kill or not to kill. Especially since this isnt military vs military warfare. Just had an ever changing scene of proxy wars.
Well, I've never thought a legal framework for war was truly realistic.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
False sense of honour and chivalry has allways been amusing to see in wars. Kinda like how the Japanese in WW2 took great pride in being hospitable to enemy officers or what not, only to quickly mass murder and rape anything in sight in insane scale.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
and i am one of them. :hi:
Yep, Turkey benefits a lot from ISIS. Cheap oil, Kurds are being killed, after few years new territories could be annexed to ''protect'' them and did I say that Kurds are being killed by ISIS. Best scenario for them is this to keep up for at least 5 years or so.

Russia also has its interests there too. Very annoying situation. It's so sad for the poor people who are living there and want nothing but peace

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I didn't read his whole statement but he did mention whoever did this will pay for it.

Of course Russia (Putin's statement) was expected and predictable but my problem is with the people having actual hope that Putin would put an end to terrorists when Russia has always been fueling terrorists and dictators in the region just like States but obviously with different agenda and targets.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
False sense of honour and chivalry has allways been amusing to see in wars. Kinda like how the Japanese in WW2 took great pride in being hospitable to enemy officers or what not, only to quickly mass murder and $#@! anything in sight in insane scale.
Were they? I'm pretty sure the Japanese were relentlessly cruel to all their prisoners of war. The Germans and the British let each others officers live in manors and served them tea.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Were they? I'm pretty sure the Japanese were relentlessly cruel to all their prisoners of war. The Germans and the British let each others officers live in manors and served them tea.
They were fairly cruel as fuck animals in general (the nazis taking all the press makes people forget what insane madmen the japanese extremist officers were) but there were some leading good officers in emperial army that made it a point to be "nice" to some enemy officers after subduing them for a fair bit.

The Germans and Brits officer class are whole another matter, some saw it as a prolonged chess game and some became friends.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
The British don't seem to care about deescalating tensions - "Turkey has the right to defend it's airspace". This after deploying troops in Poland recently. What is wrong with the British government?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)