Syrian civil war (15 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Germany, Austria and Sweden have done more for Syrians than all arab countries combined. Its a shame that arab countries that are better off cannot make way for Syrian refugees. Very sad state of affairs.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Germany, Austria and Sweden have done more for Syrians than all arab countries combined. Its a shame that arab countries that are better off cannot make way for Syrian refugees. Very sad state of affairs.
Heidenau & Co. tho
Not to mention Traiskirchen over here...

- - - Updated - - -

On the other hand, this :heart:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/01/world/europe/in-vienna-trains-packed-with-migrants-are-welcomed-and-ushered-on.html

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
The Viennese who assembled to greet the newcomers brought shopping carts and boxes full of bottled water, bread, diapers, cookies, fruit and candy.

“They have been traveling so long and must be very hungry and they have been treated so shabbily,” said Marlene Pramhas, a social worker. She and two friends brought as many loaves of bread as they could carry to the train station, where “it is more or less chaos,” she said.

“We felt we had to do something,” Ms. Pramhas said. “It’s a small thing but maybe it will help.”

I meant this primarily.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
The Viennese who assembled to greet the newcomers brought shopping carts and boxes full of bottled water, bread, diapers, cookies, fruit and candy.

“They have been traveling so long and must be very hungry and they have been treated so shabbily,” said Marlene Pramhas, a social worker. She and two friends brought as many loaves of bread as they could carry to the train station, where “it is more or less chaos,” she said.

“We felt we had to do something,” Ms. Pramhas said. “It’s a small thing but maybe it will help.”

I meant this primarily.
:tup: :tup: :tup:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That needs to be in a spoiler or not posted at all. Horrifying picture.
Why does it need to be in a spoiler? Everyone has seen the picture already. I'm glad people get to see it. Because we already know people are dying and we are still not allowing them in our countries. Maybe something changes when we actually see them dying.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Why does it need to be in a spoiler? Everyone has seen the picture already. I'm glad people get to see it. Because we already know people are dying and we are still not allowing them in our countries. Maybe something changes when we actually see them dying.
I would ban these pictures from facebook all together. I work in telemarketing for an NGO and the only thing pictures like these do is desensitize people, they get fed up and feel its impossible to do anything. So they become apathetic.

Even the director of Danish Red Cross asked people not to post them online.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I would ban these pictures from facebook all together. I work in telemarketing for an NGO and the only thing pictures like these do is desensitize people, they get fed up and feel its impossible to do anything. So they become apathetic.

Even the director of Danish Red Cross asked people not to post them online.
But they're on the news too. You can't really escape them. For me personally it changes very little. I think the same way about this crisis after seeing the pictures.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
But they're on the news too. You can't really escape them. For me personally it changes very little. I think the same way about this crisis after seeing the pictures.
That's you personally. I'm just stating what effect it has on the ability of NGO's to act in this crisis.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That's you personally. I'm just stating what effect it has on the ability of NGO's to act in this crisis.
But clearly what you're describing is not happening. At least not in Belgium. I'd say it has the opposite effect. Over here we have volunteers who hop on the train and go to Brussels and try to help out. I have never seen such willingness to help before.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
But clearly what you're describing is not happening. At least not in Belgium. I'd say it has the opposite effect. Over here we have volunteers who hop on the train and go to Brussels and try to help out. I have never seen such willingness to help before.
What I described will ring true, whether or not your personal experience or view on it differs is besides the point - it is a proven pattern.
I'm glad that people are volunteering to help, we could use more of that in Denmark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)