Syrian civil war (38 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I am yet to see them. gotta admit thou, I like Burhan ghalyoun, he is Homsi thinks good and act matured. Others who appear on TVs are horrible, they bark and bark, like they are in streets, at least Burhan gives you good points, and he knows how to talk and think..You know Haysam maleh? akhoul sharmota ka2anno baya3 khdar ou 3ambshki as3ar ilo khdra. The way he talks is disgusting, google him and find his interviews.
I know some names, mostly are behind bars, from late 80's up until now. Who knows maybe they don't exist anymore and they're aches.

The thing is, no one has the courage or balls to speak out or else it would be their end, so I fully understand why they're not appearing or why you haven't seen them yet.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
So, anything will happen with these demonstrations?
Nothing will happen IMO unfortunately unless part of the Army with some Generals on top turns against the government and side with the people.

Just like what happened in Egypt, and in 90% of the revolutions in the last 50+years. It's in the Army's hand to decide more than Bashar.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Revolutions are doomed for failure? How about Egypt, Tunisia? Soon Yemen?
Do you think that revolutions in Tunisia and Egypt sere successful, Fred?
Unless you consider removing the president and the regime overall was the ultimate goal of these revolutions, then they were totally successful.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
So, anything will happen with these demonstrations?
from what I see till now, no,I don't think so, unless nato steps in and destroy the country.

I know some names, mostly are behind bars, from late 80's up until now. Who knows maybe they don't exist anymore and they're aches.

The thing is, no one has the courage or balls to speak out or else it would be their end, so I fully understand why they're not appearing or why you haven't seen them yet.
no one has the balls? everyone are talking shit about him, and you see nothing happens to them these days. u have to stop mixing these days with hafez days, not the same anymore..

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
no one has the balls? everyone are talking shit about him, and you see nothing happens to them these days. u have to stop mixing these days with hafez days, not the same anymore..
It's even worse now than the Hafez days. At least Hafez was clear with his plans, he knew what he wanted although he killed more because obviously he stayed more in power and because during that period there wasn't a real media coverage. Hafez was a real politician, a criminal one but he knew politics.

Bashar is on that chair because he's the son of the criminal, politically he's more stupid than any other Arab politician. Bashar continued what his father did but in a hilarious unprofessional way too. His brother Maher Al-Assad has killed more than what Saddam Ghaddafi combined probably. It's in the family blood, this is how they were raised, and giving his people internet access to some things they've never had before means nothing. The country is not his property, it's not on his name, it doesn't belong to his grandfather, it belongs to the 20million population and it's about time people make their choices.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
You've always said that the numbers foreign media and press are spreading concerning deaths are bullshits and lies.
Wrong. I said they were spreading lies... I have never mentioned the numbers.

One famous Lebanese comedian on his Facebook

مش لازم حدا من اللبنانيين يتدخّل بالشأن الداخلي الشقيق.. هني في شي مرة تدخّلو بشؤوننا؟؟

Lebanese shouldn't interfere in the Syrian political interior problems. Have they ever interfered in ours?

:D
Do you believe they didn't?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
One famous Lebanese comedian on his Facebook

مش لازم حدا من اللبنانيين يتدخّل بالشأن الداخلي الشقيق.. هني في شي مرة تدخّلو بشؤوننا؟؟

Lebanese shouldn't interfere in the Syrian political interior problems. Have they ever interfered in ours?

:D
Who said that? :lol2:

Dec 26, 2004
how do you know? I can't know. you don't know how much people wear burqas here, or in jeser shghur (I always hated that town, they are very extremist :D). Damascus () is so different, very far away by our Afghani style cities. Hamah, Aleppo, Idleb and the likes are full of them..

To be fair with you, in all honesty, Syria has two problems, extrimists and Alawis. Both of them are dangerous to other, but I prefer Alawis over those anytime. At least those are hungry for money, while the others are crazy fucks. they would have orgasms on controlling our lives. Look at Alawis Gaith. they are not even 10% no? and they controlled the Country for 5 decades, you know that extremists are much more than that, you know where I am getting at? There is always a possibility and risk. Some exaggerate and some underrate, we never know..
This is exactly why we are asking for democracy, a 10% or 20% should never be able to control the majority by FORCE, while the majority have to respect and consider the requirements of the minority.

Dec 26, 2004
from what I see till now, no,I don't think so, unless nato steps in and destroy the country.

Same shit different smell, in fact you should be the one to stop trying to convince everyone that there is a much difference.

Dec 26, 2004
It's even worse now than the Hafez days. At least Hafez was clear with his plans, he knew what he wanted although he killed more because obviously he stayed more in power and because during that period there wasn't a real media coverage. Hafez was a real politician, a criminal one but he knew politics.

Bashar is on that chair because he's the son of the criminal, politically he's more stupid than any other Arab politician. Bashar continued what his father did but in a hilarious unprofessional way too. His brother Maher Al-Assad has killed more than what Saddam Ghaddafi combined probably. It's in the family blood, this is how they were raised, and giving his people internet access to some things they've never had before means nothing. The country is not his property, it's not on his name, it doesn't belong to his grandfather, it belongs to the 20million population and it's about time people make their choices.
True.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,399
    Syria's President Assad addresses nation like 'society of ophthalmologists'

One thing at least can be said in favour of President Bashar al-Assad's speech to the Syrian people. It did not dash any raised expectations, for there were none.

After two previous speeches which promised but failed to set a timetable for reform, the news that a third was to be attempted meant little to the thousands of Syrians voting with their feet at the Turkish border.

So when Mr Assad reiterated, in a speech lasting more than an hour, the same mantra as before – that he was a reformist, but that there could be no reform before "stability" had been assured – it came as little surprise.

He also proffered the same tired explanation for the protests against his rule put forward by so many Arab leaders this year, whatever their geopolitical alignment.

They were, he said, the work of "foreign elements".

The failure of his troops to find foreigners among the thousands of dead, injured and arrested, and the excuse's proven uselessness across the Middle East as a means of preventing further demonstrations, does not seem to have been an issue for him.

What will engage the interest of those trying to fathom what will happen next in this most intractable of all the Arab Spring uprisings was the way in which he spoke.

Mr Assad, the ophthalmologist second son of the 30-year Syrian dictator, Hafez al-Assad, has been assumed by friends and foes alike to be slightly uneasy with power.

It was not his birthright, as he only assumed the position of heir after the death of his older brother, and in interviews before the uprising began preferred to be seen wearing jeans and playing games with his children than wielding the tokens of absolute power.

Who would have expected such a man, when his future was under threat and his henchmen had killed hundreds, to appear so relaxed?

With his personable delivery, his occasional smiles, his nods to all sides of the argument, he could indeed have been addressing a society of ophthalmologists, rather than regime loyalists.

But if Mr Assad is confident of seeing out the opposition, at least for now, he may not be entirely deluded. A regime that is prepared to kill significant numbers of its own people, like China in 1989, can stay in power longer than most people think, in the absence of outside intervention.

As both Russia and China have made clear, the chances of such intervention in Syria's case are at this moment negligible. The only active foreign support is on Mr Assad's side, rather than against him, coming from over the border in Iran.

And Iran, too, has shown that a regime armed with manic self-confidence can face down the most concerted of efforts to displace it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-nation-like-society-of-ophthalmologists.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)