Swedes invite Dutch to Stockholm (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Sweden seal Dutch date

Sweden will play the Netherlands in Stockholm on August 18 in the third of three international friendlies organised to celebrate the centenary of the Swedish football federation (SvFF).

An SvFF statement released on Monday said Sweden would play the Dutch in addition to the match against England in Gothenburg on March 31, while the country's women's team will meet neighbours Norway on July 24.

"The Netherlands means guaranteed high quality of opposition," Sweden coach Lars Lagerback said in a statement.

The England match will form part of Sweden's preparations for Euro 2004, where they have been drawn in Group C with Italy, Denmark and Bulgaria. The finals start in Portugal on June 12.

Taken from www.eurosport.com

--------------------------------------------------

"The Netherlands means guaranteed high quality of opposition," Sweden coach Lars Lagerback said in a statement.
Hasn't been following many of our EC qualification matches and friendlies, has he? :rolleyes:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
oh shut up you. his national team is holland and he's complaining :groan:

be happy you wasnt born in lithuania. or even worse, malaysia :D
LOL:

*sigh of relief*at least you didnt mention Libya

hold on a second Libya is 83rd,Lithuania is 103rd:eek:

:devil:

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
    Cool, but I was hoping it would be played before the Euro tournament.
    Yeah me too. I wanted us to play Sweden when the German friendly was cancelled.

Oh well. It'll be a nice change of face, seeing as we'll be up against the Czechs AGAIN by then for the WC qualification :rolleyes::D

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++

Yeah me too. I wanted us to play Sweden when the German friendly was cancelled.

Oh well. It'll be a nice change of face, seeing as we'll be up against the Czechs AGAIN by then for the WC qualification :rolleyes::D
    How could you possibly want to meet Sweden, it's not like we are a big footballnation or play some kind of entertaining football. :undecide:

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
    How could you possibly want to meet Sweden, it's not like we are a big footballnation or play some kind of entertaining football. :undecide:
    I like Scandinavian football (well, not Norwegian so much). Plus, Sweden have many players I admire, especially Ibrahimovic. Lots of reasons to watch Sweden ;)

And I agree - you have a good chance of winning, especially since it's in Stockholm!

And we have a habit of sucking at friendlies :D

venom

Oct 22, 2003
    That's at least better than what our coach Muurinen said after the WC qual. groups were drawn - "dutch are the favorites of this group", yup, czechs ain't that bad :eek:

edit: talking of course about the quality of teams

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)