Sweden: Cheating Dutch's!!! (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
They were discussing the slightly unclear UEFA rule that during a penalty shoot out... the moment the ball ceases travelling forwards it is out of play
So? None of the Dutch penalties did that except Cocu's which came off the post IIRC :undecide:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Ljungberg's penalty came off Van der Sar's back. That gives that the only questionable p-kick was SWEDISH :undecide: Hence I don't understand Paul's post...

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Hence I don't understand Paul's post...
Erik i was jus relaying what was said on the radio...
There was lots of debate about that rule and saying that a dutch pen was wrong or not wrong... i didnt hear the beggining of the prog and i have yet to see the questioned shoot out.
It seemed such a bone of contention i expected it to be something that has been widely discussed... obviously not

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Oh right. Well I did miss three penalty kicks myself (couldn't take it, went outside) but I saw all the re-runs of the most important ones and there wasn't a questionable one from the Dutch side in it so I figured we did it completely by the rules.

I saw them on English and German tv btw, I like to thing its a way to stay objective.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Oh right. Well I did miss three penalty kicks myself (couldn't take it, went outside)
I know that feeling
but I saw all the re-runs of the most important ones and there wasn't a questionable one from the Dutch side in it so I figured we did it completely by the rules.
Fair enough... i was asking for clarification not saying

I saw them on English and German tv btw, I like to thing its a way to stay objective.
I take it you watched the game on a dutch channel though??

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Yes I did.

Though I watched the game against the Czechs on the BBC. Ever since I lived in the UK I have a soft spot for Gary Lineker's Match of the Day (course I lived in Leicester during the WC so its also a bit of a ride down history lane for me everytime I switch on 'match of the day'... good old times).

Jul 28, 2002
itv's show wasnt bad imo, very good quality analysis, but also a nice depth of new stuff, bbc is a clasic, and eurosport isnt too shabby either.

John Barnes and channel 5 is a joke :rofl:

River

Jun 15, 2004
I hated the ITV show. Too much analysis and pointless things like fans of each team giving their opinion. Who really cares? I want one weekly show that shows all the action, i dont wanna tune in to listen to Steve Brown from Leeds tell me what he thinks about last weekends results.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
These journalists (both Italian, Swedish, any race) are truly hysterical. How much time do they have on their hands. Go write a constructive artcle about things that matter in this world, rather than blaming other countries on your own team's failures.

This kind of stuff makes football less of a sport and more of a political game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)