Sven Goran-Eriksson for England? (1 Viewer)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
Why exactly do you think he was picked for the England job?

I mean we all know the odds were pretty much stacked against him- with the FA preferring english managers over foreigners. The man had little experience in England. Surely at that time there were others better and more qualified than he was.

He isnt a bad manager by any means but I think his appointment was weird.

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
Why exactly do you think he was picked for the England job?

I mean we all know the odds were pretty much stacked against him- with the FA preferring english managers over foreigners. The man had little experience in England. Surely at that time there were others better and more qualified than he was.

He isnt a bad manager by any means but I think his appointment was weird.
He has been there for about 2 years and you pick nowe to discuss why? talk about delayed reaction:D

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
read the book: "Leadership the Sven-Göran Eriksson Way"
and U will find out that it wasn't for a Scudetto win with Lazio they
hired him!!!

I read the book during my "management course" when we had to
leave in a report over leadership and etc.

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
Lac id say the answer to that question is who was the competition?

Everyone else interested in the job was pretty shit :D

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Bongiovi ] ++
Was there anyone English left to take the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!
English coaches don't seem to be good enough. There is not one english coach who has done any good job the latest five years or so. Ferguson is not english by the way.

Jul 28, 2002
as an english man, i can explain y we are shit at footy.

If u go to play sunday leagues, youth level, so called grass routes, u will notice that the play is generaly faster paced, impact football, u need to be strong and quick, with a relative good touch. Technique in the english game is low in comparison to other nations, our best player do not have the flair of other coutnries, we dont have a totti or dp, we have a scholes, the epitemy of an english player. Scholes represesnt what english football is about. Skill, flair and technique that u see the argies, brazilian, portugese, spainiards etc etc all have significantly more skill and techniue than us. We play a very simple form of football, with a never say die attitude,stregnth n teamwork over flair and ingenuitity, we will never see such players as kaka with england, gazza was a rarity, but in general, we lack the flair and techniue of other nations. Ian put it perfectly, we play like convict in comparison to the other nations. This filter to our coaching, who play the english way, thats y an english manager will not be ultra successfull in the epl or for england, as we are infact not as tactically aware or as skillfull as the rest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)