Surprise of the season (1 Viewer)

gsol

Oct 14, 2007
We all had our expectations. Some were high and we were disapointed but of those that were lower...who raised the most eyebrows?

- Salihamidzic
- Sissoko
- Legrotaglie
- Chiellini
- Zanetti

No one cared when Brazzo was signed, Sissoko was not wanted at all, Legro had been written off by all, and Chiellini went from the transfer listt heading to Man City to an Italian superstar...I'm just curious.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
This is pretty difficult. For me, I suppose it would be Zanetti being one of the best all action midfielders in Serie A. He was always a good player, but he was amazing this stagione.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Legro for me. I don't think anyone could have seen how important he was to be for us. If you would have told me in the summer of 2007 that Legro was going to be a vital memeber of our defense I would have laughed my ass off.

Sissoko, while many were against, a lot also knew that he was a good player. Sali was a useful, experienced utility player and he did just what was expected of him. Chiellini I think everybody knew his quality as a player. People were just disappointed by his moaning.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Del Piero. I don't know about you guys but I sure as hell didn't expect this type of season from him. Top scorer in the league at 33 years old? Fucking epic.

Honorable mentions go to Sissoko, Zanetti and Legrottaglie.

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
Legro, IMO. Two seasons ago everyone wanted him far away from Juve and this season he improved a lot. I hope he can keep it up for the next season.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
We all had our expectations. Some were high and we were disapointed but of those that were lower...who raised the most eyebrows?

- Salihamidzic
- Sissoko
- Legrotaglie
- Chiellini
- Zanetti

No one cared when Brazzo was signed, Sissoko was not wanted at all, Legro had been written off by all, and Chiellini went from the transfer listt heading to Man City to an Italian superstar...I'm just curious.
For Juventus it will be Zanetti for me as no one expected him to provide so many assists this season

The surprise of this season as a whole? The referees

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I'd say Del Piero, Legro, and Chiellini. We already know what DP has done for us over the years and he got a lot of criticism from certain fans due the dip in his form but he shut all of them up this season and imo is Serie A player of the year. Legro was written off long ago and really no one would have expected (or still haven't realized) how important he was this year; he really stepped up the plate. Will he continue to do so, or was this a one time deal? Who knows.

I'm not mentioning Zanetti because he had already shown that he was an important player of our team in Serie B and what he did this year was an exponential performance on his part.

As far as Sissoko is concerned I was one of the people calling for his signing (even though I didn't have nice things to say about his performance in the African Cup of Nations) because of his immense talent and young age, that being said he did exceed my expectations.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
ßöмßäяðîëя;1641469 said:
THe "Surprise of the Season" is that I didn't pull out my rubber donger on a man at the San Siro and repeatedly call it the GIUSEPPE MEAZZA to his face during a Milan home match, with my rubber donger in my hand.
:lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)