Superman (4 Viewers)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
is this new superman will start from a new timeline from the beginning or just pick up where Cristian reeves left ... what about the uniform ..will it be the original blue red spendax or the new electricisque one?

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Seems that it will be about the reborn of the new Superman...
I hope it ends with the original uniform just like the comics , the "new electric uniform" is not use on the comics anymore, the fans didn't like it so they went back to the blue and red original uniform...

OP
baggio

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
  • Thread Starter #84
    Its going to be the original suit, with a some padding, and shading, theyre going to design the suit along the lines of the spiderman suit in terms of those things. Everything remains including the cape, except the S on the chest is a little updated design, but it retains its shield in red and yellow etc.

As for the storyline, it takes off from Superman 2, and is based around the idea of Superman returning from exile. Basically they potray that hes been away for 6 years, and the world is in chaos, and then he comes back, but hes faced with mixed feelings, because the world feels, he shouldnt have existed at all because they feel theyre becoming dependent on him. As far as technology goes, theyve produced a flying rig that can fly Superman at speeds of 40 mph!!So its pretty exciting, the way things are developing, and Sony Fx have been signed for digital effects, they also handled spiderman 2. Its looking good...

Casting rumours currently involve Kevin Spacey as the new Lex Luthor and Lois Lane is still uncertain tho Evangelline Lily seems to be favourite as of now.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
    Its going to be the original suit, with a some padding, and shading, theyre going to design the suit along the lines of the spiderman suit in terms of those things. Everything remains including the cape, except the S on the chest is a little updated design, but it retains its shield in red and yellow etc.

As for the storyline, it takes off from Superman 2, and is based around the idea of Superman returning from exile. Basically they potray that hes been away for 6 years, and the world is in chaos, and then he comes back, but hes faced with mixed feelings, because the world feels, he shouldnt have existed at all because they feel theyre becoming dependent on him. As far as technology goes, theyve produced a flying rig that can fly Superman at speeds of 40 mph!!So its pretty exciting, the way things are developing, and Sony Fx have been signed for digital effects, they also handled spiderman 2. Its looking good...

Casting rumours currently involve Kevin Spacey as the new Lex Luthor and Lois Lane is still uncertain tho Evangelline Lily seems to be favourite as of now.
    Im sorry but... wich exile????

OP
    baggio

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
  • Thread Starter #86
    ?!?!

Exile is a banishment of sorts, Espectro, and the storyline revolves around Superman returning to earth from such an exile.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    what I meant is that I¡why was Superman exile? I mean you said that the movbie will pick up from Superman 2, but I don't remember him been exile in the movie...

OP
    baggio

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
  • Thread Starter #88
    No, it wasnt meant that way. What i meant is, that Superman 1 and Superman 2 will serve as a brief history to this movie. And it wont be a whole new thing.

For eg, this movie would probably have General Zod as part of the its plans, and it may well be played by Jude Law.

So basically there wont be any new timeline involved.

OP
    baggio

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
  • Thread Starter #91
    The latest news is that Kevin Spacey is all but on board for the new Supes movie in the role of Lex Luthor.

OP
    baggio

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
  • Thread Starter #93
    Ok finally the cast has been confirmed.

Superman - Brandon Routh
    Lex Luthor - Kevin Spacey (great choice)
    Lois Lane - Kate Bosworth (dont know much about her)
    Jude Law - May still play Zod

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    I know that you didn't ask me, but...
    Smallvile its good if don't mine that they rewrite Superman history (Lex and Clark been friends, Loise and Clarck meeting in Smallville, etc)...
    Having that in account, the show its pretty good...

OP
    baggio

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
  • Thread Starter #96
    @ Mij: Yea i watch smallville, its nice as a show but dont read too much in to it considering ive seen all the superman movies before this series came along. So i guess, that to me is the true Superman legend.

What about you?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
    @ Mij: Yea i watch smallville, its nice as a show but dont read too much in to it considering ive seen all the superman movies before this series came along. So i guess, that to me is the true Superman legend.

What about you?
    I've watched about 3 episodes (not in sequence) and I have to say that I haven't read the comic books so I don't really know superman's history. Therefore, I don't know how far the show is from the true storyline.

Anyhow, that said, i think it's pretty interesting. I particularly like Lex's character. I don't watch much TV, but if that show was on, i wouldn't change the channel or leave the room. (that means it's pretty good IMO)

I just wanted to know you're input because i knew you were a huge fan.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I used to think I had one of those 25 cent stickers on my REfrigerator, right next to Darth Vador. And Darth must a put a hex on him for later. I feel bad because of the way I stuck him in between him and Lex Luther; I killed superman I killed super!!!....Man, and how ironic, that I'd be the bad guy kryptonite the green chronic.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    I used to think I had one of those 25 cent stickers on my REfrigerator, right next to Darth Vador. And Darth must a put a hex on him for later. I feel bad because of the way I stuck him in between him and Lex Luther; I killed superman I killed super!!!....Man, and how ironic, that I'd be the bad guy kryptonite the green chronic.
    The Eminem repatition thing is gettinf kind of old, don't you think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)