[Supercoppa Italiana - Final] JUVENTUS 1-3 Lazio [December 22nd, 2019] (4 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
our midfield is the reason for the loss ....if we will not sign a great one by January, forget about all competitions ...

Ramsey = Zero
Matuidi = Zero
Pjanic is not himself today
only Bentacour ....

Sarri solutions are Zero today ....Cuad , Costa , Ramsey ....they didn't help us today .....

Lazio defeat will be a carbon copy in our CL exit journey ....

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
So Bentancur got a late yellow against Udinese to get himself suspended for Sampdoria and be available today, only to get a red and get suspended for Cagliari? That's quite something.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
The way our defence (fullbacks in particular) are performing at the moment I think 4-4-2 has to be the option. Costa and Cuads on the wing.

It really is a miracle we’re 2nd in the league and qualified for the CL last 16. There’s not credit there for Sarri at all, he’s contributed nothing but removing all cohesion from this team.
You look at Atalanta, Inter and Lazio.

They look like teams, they know what they are doing, they have a plan. You look at us, we are completely aimless and rudderless.
I think a lot of emotion is clouding judgement here

We recently changed coaches and are moving to a completely different philosophy

Inter changed to Conte but his system is far easier to get down, he is great at motivating which really works better early on.

We have as multiple players have said completely changed the way we defend which will take time as will new defensive pairings and overall playing with a different back 4.

When we look good we look great, we move the ball well, play a lot more through the centre of the pitch than we did last year with a lot more one twos, better counters Etc.

We concede more because we take more risk, while this isn't paying off always at the moment it is something that we will (should) improve on with time as well as what was mentioned above. This time last year a majority agreed that we need to accept the risk of conceding more in order to play a style of football that is more successful in Europe.

Right now we are first in the league (head to head) and we topped our champions league group. Of course it could all go to shit just like it could for any team but at the same time, maybe, just maybe, as we recover players from injury the systems in place might click.

There are certainly things we need to improve but the positive is that we have a lot of room for improvement, let's see if we do. Right now all the major trophies are in play let's see how we progress.

It's too easy to say no credit can be given to the coach if we win, just as it's too easy to say it's all the coaches fault that we lost (barring horrific player selection, tactics and substitutions). I didn't see either today, I saw a team that was off the pace and not concentrated which is on both the players and coach. However, it's not the end of the world.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Juve fans used to say the same about Coppa Italia when we had a drought

Some competitions matter a lot more than others but every competition matters
I don't know about others, but for me this is a one-game competition, played thousands of miles away from Italy, and sometimes one of the participants has not won any trophy (like Milan last year). It's sometimes played in the summer and sometimes in winter. It's as meaningless as it gets.

- - - Updated - - -

Teams who spend as much as Juve should be winning all domestic competitions.
The way I see it teams that spend as much as Juve should not lose to Lazio twice in 2 weeks. I just don't care about this one-match trophy. It's funny that they even have silver medals for this. It's like a participation trophy.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I don't know about others, but for me this is a one-game competition, played thousands of miles away from Italy, and sometimes one of the participants has not won any trophy (like Milan last year). It's sometimes played in the summer and sometimes in winter. It's as meaningless as it gets.

- - - Updated - - -

The way I see it teams that spend as much as Juve should not lose to Lazio twice in 2 weeks. I just don't care about this one-match trophy. It's funny that they even have silver medals for this. It's like a participation trophy.
While I agree, clearly Sarri didn't, as otherwise we wouldn't have played our strongest 11 after a mid-week match. We wanted to win this, we were just woefully far from good enough to do so. We created next to nothing today.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016

- - - Updated - - -

While I agree, clearly Sarri didn't, as otherwise we wouldn't have played our strongest 11 after a mid-week match. We wanted to win this, we were just woefully far from good enough to do so. We created next to nothing today.
I'm sure the players cared about it more than a regular league match in a dozen we get and they had a chance to win a trophy. Which doesn't make it meaningless

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)