Super GoalKeepers (1 Viewer)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
The Saudi keeper does have 2 abvious flaws:
1. One out of every 30 games, He HAS to RUN out of the box and punch the ball away to an opposing midfielder and scores.(his known crazy extra-energy thing!) (against Holland 1994, he played a superb game then he f***ed up)

2. If his team and specially defense sucks and makes a few dumb mistakes(which turns into 3 conceded goals), then the keeper Just STOPS all activity!! he just gets pissed and he stops trying. Ex: Against France in the 1998WC, against Germany in 2002.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
JuveCampione

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
  • Thread Starter #29
    are u kiddin. bosnich? ricardo?
    barthez is world class saver and world class mistakes but thats not mean he is a bad keeper.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    no i wasn't kidding.

Bosnich is much more reliable than barthez, and IMO did nothing wrong at man U and was unfairly sent to the bench for barthez to take over.

Ricardo if you've ever seen him play you will know he is an outstanding keeper, who makes wonderful flying saves :cool:

barthez on the other hand is just plain silly. He tries to take on strikers, goes to the halfway line, spills just about every shot, and makes quite frequent errors, so this guy cannot be called world class IMO

Almajhool

Sep 8, 2002
    i agree w/ urs list ..

but still there are some goli not included .. like

Aldyaya ( saudi arabian tem ) don't judge him w/ his WC performance ( one of his fingers was broken ) ...

Abiati ( great goli )

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    pretty good? you call it pretty good just coz he hasn't done an almighty fluff up for a few weeks? :D

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Oded ] ++
    buffon is one of the best, and IMO, he is the best, but there is a lot of super GK in the world.

a list of super GK (order is meaningless):

- kahn (bayern)
    - buffon (juve)
    - barthez (man utd)
    - dudek (liverpool)
    - toldo (inter)
    - lehman (dortmund)
    - rustu (fenerbahce)
    - iker casillas (real madrid)
    - canizares (valencia)
    - butt (leverkusen)
    - other...
    I like that you put Butt on the list, he is a great keeper, probably the most underrated keeper in the game, but barthez, dudek, rustu, and lehman aren't what I'd call "super" In place of them I would put: Canizares, Friedel, Van der Sar, and Peruzzi.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    yeah, abbiati was in my list a while back :cool:
    Is he injured or something, cause I heard that someone else was playing for Milan, but I don't really follow them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)