Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
New owners richer than *checks notes* a 14 Billion euro family? nah we need more competent people running the club. Exor is already pouring money into the seemingly bottomless pit of their incompetence.
Family is rich but they don't invest much into football but other businesses.

How much did we spend this summer? Free, free, free

Buy on AliExpress.com

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
why did we even sign him? i really dont get it. Why sign a DM but refuse to use him as such? And than trying to get rid of him. The squad building srsly makes zero sense. Most of the players we signed are best in different formations.

But oh well who am i to judge, i dont care anymore.
"Market opportunity." Which I'm all for to be honest, but at least try the guy in his preferred position. Allegri is obsessed with the idea of playing with a regista though, despite also keeping our only natural one in Rovella on the bench so that we could play Locatelli out of position. Makes no sense.

Tolath

Jun 3, 2018
I am hearing that Milik landed to Turin. Waste of Money again.
4.5 Mil for this year, 1 for Loan and 3.5 for wages. I do not image that could make this move permanent next year.

Rabiot could play that Role in order to rest Vlahovic , I see him more reliable than Milik and our defensive approch could start from the Attack.

Jun 16, 2020
apparently we are now whoring Zakaria to different clubs, but Roma refused so far, damn what a club we are.

#ASRoma chill on Denis #Zakaria : the median (he can leave #Juventus ) was proposed to the Giallorossi, but he is not a first choice for #Mourinho (look for a box to box) and #Pinto (tense reports with the agent after the turnaround last winter when #Roma had him in hand)
How do we expect those guys to perform. Signed a mercato ago, may leave already but we cant close the deal and now we expect 100% concentration and motivation again for the next matches. Doesnt seem how you should manage players

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Family is rich but they don't invest much into football but other businesses.

How much did we spend this summer? Free, free, free
How many cash injections we've had in past few years? What did we spend it on? To sign an aging superstar we can't afford to giving horrendous contracts to likes of Ramsey, Arthur and Rabiot? And now giving a huge salary to injury prone players like Pogba and Paredes while not renewing a player who signed for much less elsewhere? Also if cash is a problem why the fuck did we spend it all in one player, who we can't even get the ball to?
With this level of incompetence I wouldn't invest a dime on this lot.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
"Market opportunity." Which I'm all for to be honest, but at least try the guy in his preferred position. Allegri is obsessed with the idea of playing with a regista though, despite also keeping our only natural one in Rovella on the bench so that we could play Locatelli out of position. Makes no sense.
I'm fine with market opportunities too but first you'd need a starting eleven. Cant waste money and ressources on market oppertunities while not having a worthy midfielder in the team

Also Benzema and Lewa played around 4.000 Minutes of football last year and played most games for 90 min. Why cant we just use Kean or someone else for those 5-6 games a season

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Why do you keep saying this? Based on his Euro 2020 Italy performance? Because he played as a deep lying playmaker for Sassuolo under De Zerbi and played exceptionally well in the role which is a big part of why we bought him. He also played quite well in the role here up until his injury last year. He’s not performing at the moment, but that is in large part due to this team being a complete mess.

Of course it’s fine to think he’d be even better played further forward, but let’s stop pretending he’s never played deep before and performed well at it. That’s nonsense.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13,289
    we asked for Renan Lodi on loan with obligation but Atletico want to sell now. - Agresti and Momblano

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    Rovella was signed back in 2021 for 23 mil.
    Why not not use him and promote some players from u23 and spend only for players than can make the difference.

We spend 90 mil on Higuain wasted the money we got from Pogba just to deny Napoli their striker.
    And we was able to give Dybala for free , denying contact extension a gift to Roma that we will pay greatly.

Bentancur could play the regista and when he left we saw the decline of Locatelli.
    Kulu was sold without profit when Chiesa injured.

We got Vlahovic and sacrifise so much for him. Same thing we did with Ronaldo.
    Vlahovic is young so its a lot more safe investment but regarding on field performance If Ronaldo could not carry us, nobody can.

In modern system chances start with FBs and Midfielders and the only player that can do that is Pogba if its not injured and in the mood for it.

But when i see we sign a player in advanced years that have a bad injury history, i am worried.
    Milik and Paredes are exacly that.Pogba is the same but i could take that risk for him but for others i do not think so.

We could keep Kulu, Dybala,Bentancur and Morata add Di Maria and Pogba, do not sign Vlahovic, And we could have a very strong team with a lot creative players.
    Ladies and gents, the only guy more wrong than our management!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 17, 2005
    Rovella was signed back in 2021 for 23 mil.
    Why not not use him and promote some players from u23 and spend only for players than can make the difference.

We spend 90 mil on Higuain wasted the money we got from Pogba just to deny Napoli their striker.
    And we was able to give Dybala for free , denying contact extension a gift to Roma that we will pay greatly.

Bentancur could play the regista and when he left we saw the decline of Locatelli.
    Kulu was sold without profit when Chiesa injured.

We got Vlahovic and sacrifise so much for him. Same thing we did with Ronaldo.
    Vlahovic is young so its a lot more safe investment but regarding on field performance If Ronaldo could not carry us, nobody can.

In modern system chances start with FBs and Midfielders and the only player that can do that is Pogba if its not injured and in the mood for it.

But when i see we sign a player in advanced years that have a bad injury history, i am worried.
    Milik and Paredes are exacly that.Pogba is the same but i could take that risk for him but for others i do not think so.

We could keep Kulu, Dybala,Bentancur and Morata add Di Maria and Pogba, do not sign Vlahovic, And we could have a very strong team with a lot creative players.
    Yup, looking back we gambled and wasted 300-500+ million euros (LET THAT SINK IN!!! I'm including their wages) on 3 "failed" players : higgy, princess 7 and vlahovuc. Even vlahovuc is already a failure given what the team actually achieve so far, he has a world class potential but not the kind of ADP or Ronaldinho or Zidane that can decide matches by themselves on consistent basis, he needs support that this team is utterly incapable of giving.

500+ million euros wasted, imagine what kind of team we could assemble if the management was/is actually smart at investingninto players.

And that's still outside all the wasted money from signing the likes of from Emre can to aturd... That's what? Another 100+ million euros??? Insanity.

Tolath

Jun 3, 2018
    Ladies and gents, the only guy more wrong than our management!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    there is nothing more wrong, its either Wrong or Correct.

So you agree with the management that sigining Vlahovic is a good move. knowing our financial situation and how we doing in summer mercato.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)